Nope, no choking.  As mentioned, there is a little drone when cruising at certain speeds but not enough to bother me.  It could have something to do with the 10 speed, as the 5.3 and 6.2 are the same engine essentially just the 6.2 has a larger stroke and larger piston bore.  It could also be the resonators that might be choking out your higher flowing magnaflow muffler.

The only difference between the 5.3 and 6.2 is bore , cylinder heads, camshaft etc. the stroke is the same.

Any AFM or DSF engine is going to sound like shit with aftermarket exhaust that does not retain the valves when it goes out of V8 mode. The only options are as follows

1. GM/ Borla exhaust or other that retains valves
2. Tune out DSF ( not available yet)
3. Range device or similar ( not avail)
4. Alter your driving habits to keep the factory tuning from dropping cylinders ( annoying)

A cutout before the mufflers and valves will be effected if the truck drops cylinders.

1 hour ago, lt1z said:

The only difference between the 5.3 and 6.2 is bore , cylinder heads, camshaft etc. the stroke is the same.

Any AFM or DSF engine is going to sound like shit with aftermarket exhaust that does not retain the valves when it goes out of V8 mode. The only options are as follows

1. GM/ Borla exhaust or other that retains valves
2. Tune out DSF ( not available yet)
3. Range device or similar ( not avail)
4. Alter your driving habits to keep the factory tuning from dropping cylinders ( annoying)

A cutout before the mufflers and valves will be effected if the truck drops cylinders.

Thanks for the correction on the engine part!  Honestly though the cutout I have sounds excellent, throaty,  and aggressive at all speeds, idling, and no matter what cylinder mode my truck switches to.

1 hour ago, Opiedeegs said:

I’m thinking about putting the gm performance exhaust on my new at4 6.2 L
Was wondering how loud it is
And how difficult the install will be
Thanks for any input
7ec823250d642ffa460e4e811252e9de.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would love to hear these on Youtube. 

8 hours ago, Opiedeegs said:

I’m ordering tonight along with cai

The interesting thing is that you weren't able to build a Silverado with a 6.2 and this option. They only allow you to add it to the 5.3. You can add it to a Sierra with a 6.2. Strange.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:19 PM, Opiedeegs said:

I’m thinking about putting the gm performance exhaust on my new at4 6.2 L
Was wondering how loud it is
And how difficult the install will be
Thanks for any input
7ec823250d642ffa460e4e811252e9de.jpg

There was a couple youtube videos of the media event for the Sierra.  Thsi one is an At4 6.2 with the GM performance exhaust It sounds about as loud as a Borla or Corsa touring exhaust.  My Corsa Sport on my 2014 6.2 is louder than this truck

Edited by Payton34

There was a couple youtube videos of the media event for the Sierra.  Thsi one is an At4 6.2 with the GM performance exhaust It sounds about as loud as a Borla or Corsa touring exhaust.  My Corsa Sport on my 2014 6.2 is louder than this truck

Nice thanks
sounds just right for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, Opiedeegs said:

Nice thanks
sounds just right for me

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.  I am very close to ordering.  Stock is way too quiet.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this.  I am very close to ordering.  Stock is way too quiet.

The exhaust and cold air intake parts should be here Wednesday
hopefully I’ll have them installed and have a nice video posted for you by next weekend

• Like 4

The exhaust and cold air intake parts should be here Wednesday
hopefully I’ll have them installed and have a nice video posted for you by next weekend

Just a heads up. The GM CAI includes a voucher for it but you need to have it programmed by the dealer for the new MAF curve. It is not a no tune intake.