Which Airbag System??

I'll be putting my Harley in the bed of the truck and I'm sure I'll need airbags. The bike weighs 900 lbs and I do have a 2" level on the front, stock rear. Any feedback is appreciated..

You shouldn't need bags to haul the bike. Payload for our trucks is around 1900 lbs.

Unless you are only concerned with looks since you will then be nose high. (I hope your headlights are properly aligned.) For me I wouldn't mess with the stock suspension unless you plan to haul it often. Then, I would also consider helper springs/ add-a-leaf.

Hellwig helper springs (which I have) can be adjusted to add a little ride height to the rear.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help. I do have my headlights set perfectly now so with the bike and no airbags, I may just adjust them down a bit when I load up. I'll see how much it drops the back end before I decide on airbags. I'd actually prefer to add another leaf spring anyway...

Edited by '17 Sierra

I used Airlift.  Installed for three years and no issues.  Easy install. I use it on a 3/4 ton Sierra and gets used quite often hauling equipment box trailer. It's easy to maintain the level height whether there is tongue weight or not. I also have a 2in leveler on the front. You can change the rear height by approximately 3 in from the stock height by adding air I usually run 5 lb minimum up to 25 lb depending on the load and to maintain levelness

Edited by KJS Sullivan
Missed a word
  • Like 1

I’ve had the firestone setup on my 06 Silvy 1500 cc going on 6 years. Zero issues and that’s running in the salty Ontario winters. Hoping I can transfer the kit over to my new rig (18 Silverado). Would buy again forsure. Currently towing 4000# camper regularly, occasionally tow 7000# skidsteer on a 2000# trailer, used to frequently tow 10000# dump trailer used for shingle roofing every summer weekend. Always a level ride [emoji1303]

• Like 1