Chevrolet Goes Deep With Options - Shows off First of Four Customized 2019 Silverado 1500s

Gorehamj

2019 silverado high country.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
9-27-2018

Chevrolet will offer “Exponentially more ways for customers to build their ideal truck.” This according to Chevy Silverado Marketing Manager, Hugh Milne. Emphasizing GM’s full involvement in the accessories it offers, Milne pointed out that the components and systems Chevy offers as options “Are designed, engineered and validated to the same engineering standards as the Silverado itself, and backed by Chevrolet.”

GM’s plan is to produced four custom trucks in advance of the annual SEMA show I Las Vegas, which begins late October and runs into the first week of November. The first truck completed and shown this week was the High Country trim. Chevy also plans to offer the LTZ Concept, RST Off-Road, and RST Street. 

Each of the four concept trucks has unique badging, style elements and its own look. There are, however, four main performance component systems that GM offers across the line on appropriate trims. Those include:
-    2” Suspension Lift Including  All Necessary Steering and Suspension Tuning
-    Performance Front and Rear Bake Upgrades
-    Cold Air Intakes for both the 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines.
-    5.3L Cat-Back Single Side Exit Exhaust, and 5,3L & 6.2L Dual Cat-Back systems

Here are the four individual Chevy Silverado 1500 trims Chevy will complete and display this fall:

2018-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-HighCountry-Concept-002.jpg

High Country

Envisioned as a premium outdoor truck, the accessorized High Country model on display at the State Fair of Texas through Oct. 21 blends high style, functionality and enhanced performance, including the all-new segment-exclusive Power Up-Down tailgate. Chevrolet’s concept vision starts with a two-inch suspension lift and concept bronze exterior accents, including the grille and 22-inch wheels. The following available accessories and performance parts enable customers to replicate the look and functionality of the show vehicle. They include:

Chevrolet Performance

Two-Inch Suspension Lift (see description below).
Six-Piston Brembo® Front Brake Upgrade System with Color-Matched Rear Calipers.
6.2L Cat-Back Dual Exit Exhaust Upgrade System.
6.2L Cold-Air Intake Upgrade System.
Chevrolet Accessories

Illuminated Gold Bowtie Grille Emblem.
Chrome tailgate handle.
Chevrolet Performance cold-air intake.
Underseat organizer.
Center console lockable storage box.
Front-row premium all-weather floor liners with Chevrolet script.
Rear-seat infotainment system with DVD player.
Associated Accessories

Embark Power Max Retractable Tonneau Cover by Advantage

2018-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-LTZ-Concept-012.jpg

LTZ Concept

This concept highlights the trailering technologies available on the 2019 Silverado 1500 designed to enhance trailering confidence, as well as performance parts for the 5.3L V-8. The Z71-equipped show vehicle also features the following dealer-available accessories and Performance Parts:

Chevrolet Performance

5.3L Cold-Air Intake Upgrade System.
5.3L Cat-Back Single Exit Exhaust Upgrade System with Chevrolet Bowtie Logo Tip.
Chevrolet Accessories

Trailering Camera Package: a removable accessory camera which when mounted to a trailer can be viewed through the vehicle’s center stack display.
22-inch chrome multi-spoke aluminum wheels.
Illuminated Black Bowtie Grille Emblem.
Chrome wheel-to-wheel six-inch rectangular assist steps.
All-weather floor liners with Z71 badge insert.
Underseat organizer.
Center console lockable storage box.
Rear-seat entertainment system.
Associated Accessories

Embark Manual Retractable Tonneau Cover by Advantage

2018-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-RST-OffRoad-Concept-004.jpg

RST Off-Road

The sporty, monochromatic styling of the new Silverado RST trim heads off the highway with this extreme trail-inspired concept in Cajun Red that incorporates a two-inch suspension lift from the factory and a new Off Road Appearance Package offered through dealers. The package features a sport bar, off-road assist steps and a soft, roll-up tonneau cover. The concept also features auxiliary lighting from Baja Designs. The roster of dealer-available accessories and performance parts includes:

Chevrolet Performance

Two-inch Suspension Lift.
5.3L Cold-Air Intake System.
Chevrolet Accessories

Soft roll-up tonneau cover with the Chevrolet bowtie logo.
Sport Bar Package with the Silverado logo.
Sport assist steps.
18-inch off-road wheels in Carbon Flash and off-road tires.
Illuminated Black Bowtie Grille Emblem.
Silverado Custom emblems in black.
Black tailgate lettering.
Side-mounted bed storage box.
Center console lockage storage box.
All-weather floor liners with Z71 badge insert.
Associated Accessories

40-inch LED light bar by Baja Designs.
Off-road Squadron sport lamps by Baja Designs.
Rear underseat lockbox with combination lock by Tuffy Security Products.

2018-SEMA-Chevrolet-Silverado-RST-Street-Concept-009.jpg

RST Street

With a decidedly aggressive appearance, the RST Street concept exudes attitude. Based on the new RST trim for the 2019 Silverado 1500, the concept’s striking stance is achieved with a concept lowered suspension system and concept body-side graphics, backed up with Chevrolet accessories and performance parts that lend a more authoritative look and sound to the available 5.3L V-8 engine. This concept also shows concept carbon fiber-look parts, including a grille bar, mirror caps, door handles and interior trim.

The Chevrolet Accessories and Performance parts available on chevy.com/accessories and at the dealer include:

Chevrolet Performance

5.3L Cold-Air Intake System.
Chevrolet Accessories

Black Silverado nameplate.
22-inch wheels in high-gloss black.
Front and rear molded splash guards.
Front-row premium all-weather floor liners with Chevrolet script.
Associated Accessories

Exhaust tips (two-piece) in carbon fiber by Borla.
Cat-back exhaust, 5.3L dual-split rear by Borla.
One-piece hard tonneau cover by UnderCover.
200-watt powered subwoofer and 200-watt DSP Amp kit by KICKER.

• Haha 1

I would think it be nice to have something like a RST off-road or basically a colored matched LTZ model to sit right between LTZ and High country,

A source connected with GM told me that in the near future that there is going to be a new Cheyenne model trim level, apparently it was shown at a dealer meeting....

I am unsure of the placement of this trim level, its probably between WT and Custom or it could be something around high country.

Edited by silveradonationfan15

I sure hope GMC does a version of the RST Street with the 6.2L 

Finally a big brake option, will it cost $5k like it does in the aftermarket? Let's hope not. 

In all, much to be desired, but they are already 10x more ahead of the sticker packs of the K2's. At least your getting something more than $5,000 decals now. 

13 hours ago, Black02Silverado said:

Shouldn't all this been out at last years SEMA?  GM doesn't market well.  Most don't know about any of this so how are they going to sell something that isn't known?

GM isn't doing a lot of things well lately.  Which is why it's going to come back to bite them sales wise.  yet how many of us wish we could be there at GM on the design and planning teams, and wonder just what they are dealing with there?  I want to give them the bennefit of the doubt but I really feel like GM needs to step things up and hire some better smarter people who know how to please consumers and build rock solid vehicles. 

• Like 2

Instead of "going deep with options" how about just letting us build a vehicle the way WE want it built?  Why is it when I want 1 thing on a truck I have to be forced to pay for umpteen other things that I don't want because I can't get that single option by itself?  That would be "going deep..." for me anyway.

• Like 1

From the looks of it, it seem's like GM didn't need to build the Trailboss/AT4 since they're going to show off the ( 2 inch lift) at SEMA if you can get it with other trims. 

I remember in a recent SEMA GM showed off their LT1 Silverado with that supercharged engine...and never offered it to us. 

At least MOPAR and Ford Performance listen to their base, GM seems to be the auto zone of customization...($5k stickers and CHROME EVERYTHING).