Chevrolet Goes Deep With Options - Shows off First of Four Customized 2019 Silverado 1500s

Gorehamj

On 9/29/2018 at 12:19 PM, Chevyguy85 said:

Instead of "going deep with options" how about just letting us build a vehicle the way WE want it built?  Why is it when I want 1 thing on a truck I have to be forced to pay for umpteen other things that I don't want because I can't get that single option by itself?  That would be "going deep..." for me anyway.

agreed. They do it because its easier to make cookie cutter trucks than all different ones. 

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎09‎-‎27 at 2:17 PM, bndawgs said:

What about this one? 

1537905187715.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

This is a beautiful truck, imo.  The cost of $375K+ places it in a very limited market.  It would be part of a large lottery win shopping experience!

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 6:34 AM, Black02Silverado said:

Shouldn't all this been out at last years SEMA?  GM doesn't market well.  Most don't know about any of this so how are they going to sell something that isn't known?

The 2019 Silverado didn't debut until last December, which was after 2017 SEMA in November 2017 so no.  They are being shown ahead of this year's SEMA show. 

Two items I have interest in :

5.3L Cold-Air Intake Upgrade System,

• Part #: 84561597.  $625

5.3L Cat-Back Dual Exit Exhaust Upgrade System

Part #: 84173604 , $1595

Not sure they are worth it and not sure how bad the Drone is on the performance exhaust.  My neighbor has the performance exhaust on his 2018 GMC  which sounds Great on the outside of the Truck but gets annoying Fast on the inside especially in stop and go traffic.  Hopefully some of you will give it a try First on a 2019 and give me a report!

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 2:27 PM, DougFL said:

Two items I have interest in :

5.3L Cold-Air Intake Upgrade System,

• Part #: 84561597.  $625

5.3L Cat-Back Dual Exit Exhaust Upgrade System

Part #: 84173604 , $1595

Not sure they are worth it and not sure how bad the Drone is on the performance exhaust.  My neighbor has the performance exhaust on his 2018 GMC  which sounds Great on the outside of the Truck but gets annoying Fast on the inside especially in stop and go traffic.  Hopefully some of you will give it a try First on a 2019 and give me a report!

Doug,

Both of those mods increase noise in the cab. Performance increase is teeny-tiny for the $2100 price.   As I get older, I like quieter cabs.  Just my preference. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

$1595 for a bolt on dual exhaust is highway robbery.

Any good custom exhaust shop can do this for Half of that.

The intake on the 2019 T1's is much more complex that it was on K2

So I am interested to see how this Cold Air setup will look/perform on T1.

$1595 for a bolt on dual exhaust is highway robbery.
Any good custom exhaust shop can do this for Half of that.
The intake on the 2019 T1's is much more complex that it was on K2
So I am interested to see how this Cold Air setup will look/perform on T1.

Exhaust has evolved to free flowing over the years. Gone are the days of freeing up horsepower with opening up the exhaust. If you want more sound eliminate the muffler or go with a open muffler. Intake and exhaust is geared towards fuel mileage and performance from the factory. Very little to gain with mail order exhaust. Save your money, find an exhaust shop and just change your muffler if you want more sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anything you buy from the OEM has engineering and validation costs baked into it. They’re gonna test the living crap out of it and that ain’t cheap.

Plus a lot of overhead that a small shop just doesn’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually it is and was the smaller shops that usually comes up with the durability and performance parts and pieces that the major manufacturer uses. NASCAR teams, Shelby, Banks, etc. After interest is realized the major manufacturer usually fall in line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1