Ceramic Coating

Ok, been thinking about having the ceramic coating on my '19 Denali.  Let's hear your thoughts about it.  Good investment?  Not worth it?  Any experiences?  Just curious.  I like cleaning my vehicles, polishing them, waxing them, but hey, if it protects it better, why not?  Thoughts?

I did mine myself with Optimum Gloss coat and it is amazing.  Truck stays cleaner longer and is much easier to clean and dry off.  Also things like bugs and tar come right off when washing and do not need to scrub.  I did mine this spring and so far still working just as good 6 months later.  I am hoping it hold up to winter.

I’ve had my last two trucks coated. I don’t do it myself but the product is called cquartz by car pro. Not only does it protect against fine scratches and swirls, it makes cleaning it a lot easer. It also brings the depth of the paint out. Very good investment IMO. A coated vehicle vs non-coated is like night and day. 

• 2 weeks later...

In addition to the ceramic coating, I started using a rinse less wash. I use Wipeout as the wash and Valor as a sealent/drying aid. Both made by American Detailer Garage. I was hesitant at first but the end result is truly amazing. 

12 hours ago, dphel27 said:

Has anyone had any experiences with using Ceramic Pro? I'm thinking about opting for their gold package. I've seen others have had luck with Cquartz Pro but I have no installers in my area. Thanks. 

The way it was explained to me was the top three brands are CQuartz, Ceramic Pro and Gtechniq and that they are all just as good as the other. I have cquartz on mine. 

As as for the package, I too wanted to go with the gold, but the installer actually talked me out of it. He said That GM black paint is very soft and scratches easily. The ceramic adds scratch resistant but isn’t bulletproof. With that being said, buying the lifetime package is a waste because being black, it’s going to need have the scratches polished out in 5 years time. For that reason he suggested going with the silver 5 year package. He suggested that I take the money saved from the gold package and purchase the right products to wash and take care of the paint. 

So so in addition to the silver package I bought the array of chemicals from American Detailer Garage. It’s a rinseless wash, wipe out as the wash and valor as the sealer and drying assist. 

I’ve never used this type of wash before but after seeing it in action, I was sold. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2018 Tahoe RST and a 2018 ZL1 1LE that I had ceramic pro put on and in process of putting it on my new 2019 Silverado 2500 HD. The ceramic pro really brings out the shine and does protect it from light scratches etc. My dog jumped up on the Tahoe hood and left no scratches. Really easy to clean. Once cleaned, it really shines. 

I went with Ceramic Pro.  My package is guaranteed for life and includes the yearly maintenance for the top coat (includes decontamination and new applications) in the price. 1200 plus 450 for the paint correction.   It also includes all windows and trim. 

I went with one of the top shops in the area, I could have saved some money going elsewhere but if you're gonna do it, do it right. 

I also had the entire front end wrapped ( From bumper to front doors) I personally prefer Xpel to ceramic coat but the cost of doing the whole truck is too much.     If I didn't have black, I'm not sure if I'd do the Ceramic coat but it definitely has made a noticeable difference with cleaning.  

On 11/2/2018 at 9:36 AM, MadCaddie said:

I went with Ceramic Pro.  My package is guaranteed for life and includes the yearly maintenance for the top coat (includes decontamination and new applications) in the price. 1200 plus 450 for the paint correction.   It also includes all windows and trim. 

I went with one of the top shops in the area, I could have saved some money going elsewhere but if you're gonna do it, do it right. 

I also had the entire front end wrapped ( From bumper to front doors) I personally prefer Xpel to ceramic coat but the cost of doing the whole truck is too much.     If I didn't have black, I'm not sure if I'd do the Ceramic coat but it definitely has made a noticeable difference with cleaning.  

Check out American Detailer Garage rinseless wash (wipeout). I was a skeptic but the results are amazing especially with black. I was shown to mix 2 oz in 3 gallons of water in a bucket, and 1 oz in a 32 oz sprayer. Pressure wash the heavy stuff off, spray with the sprayer and wipe with “the big red sponge” soaked from the bucket, then dry. I also use this stuff called valor, 1 or 2 sprays per panel when drying, it’s a sealer. No water spots, deep shine and no harmful chemicals that break down the ceramic. (I’m not a dealer lol, just a pleased customer)

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2018 at 9:54 AM, GMC Jerry said:

Ok, been thinking about having the ceramic coating on my '19 Denali.  Let's hear your thoughts about it.  Good investment?  Not worth it?  Any experiences?  Just curious.  I like cleaning my vehicles, polishing them, waxing them, but hey, if it protects it better, why not?  Thoughts?

Did you end up getting this done? I’m in the same boat. Just brought my new 18 Denali home. I have search for pictures on this for a white truck but I haven’t came up with anything. Has anyone put this coating on a frost white truck and what were the results?

I had Ziebart put on their ZGloss on my Iridescent Pearl High Country. It has Film on the front, hood, fender extensions and between the wheels. It looks good and the dirt seems to wash off it easier. If you want added protection and shine do it. But it will cost. They prep the paint to get rid of surface scratches, swirls etc. before applying their 3 step process. There are more expensive and cheaper products out there. When all is done, you have to decide how to wash it, Foam gun, 2 bucket wash, rinseless wash, waterless wash or just let it get muddy. Here is a pic of mine but you really cannot tell...

Chevy Silverado 2019 Passenger Side Ziebart Done.jpg

Edited by Rocz3cqg