Ceramic Coating

4 hours ago, Rocz3cqg said:

I had Ziebart put on their ZGloss on my Iridescent Pearl High Country. It has Film on the front, hood, fender extensions and between the wheels. It looks good and the dirt seems to wash off it easier. If you want added protection and shine do it. But it will cost. They prep the paint to get rid of surface scratches, swirls etc. before applying their 3 step process. There are more expensive and cheaper products out there. When all is done, you have to decide how to wash it, Foam gun, 2 bucket wash, rinseless wash, waterless wash or just let it get muddy. Here is a pic of mine but you really cannot tell...

Chevy Silverado 2019 Passenger Side Ziebart Done.jpg

Awesome thanks for the info and the pictures. Awesome looking truck. I was debating between just putting a film to protect from rocks or using ceramic coating. Not sure if I can pull both from a budget standpoint. I would be using the self serve car washes because in my area we don’t have any decent touch less car washes unfortunately. We have some awesome traditional washes but I haven’t caved to letting the brushes touch my new truck lol

13 hours ago, Justin9314 said:

Awesome thanks for the info and the pictures. Awesome looking truck. I was debating between just putting a film to protect from rocks or using ceramic coating. Not sure if I can pull both from a budget standpoint. I would be using the self serve car washes because in my area we don’t have any decent touch less car washes unfortunately. We have some awesome traditional washes but I haven’t caved to letting the brushes touch my new truck lol

If you have to use a self service car wash go with the film.  ceramic coating doesnt fully protect from stratched and you will eventually cave to using those horrible brushes at the carwash.

I have never used a car wash brush and never will.

I hand wash in summer and power wash in winter.

I also do not use the soap, just rinse.

Power wash still leaves a dirt film unlike hand washing.

:)

I use to do the weekend hand wash dance and spend hrs detailing. After I retired I trade my 14 Gmc in for a black suv. I decided to check out doing uber, I like to drive, gave it a shot. One of the requirements is clean vehicles. I did the monthly pass with blue wave and quick quack. I would go through 4-6 times a week. Two years 60K miles later aside from a few rock chips after detail for trade in looked brand new. No more hand washing for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A very large yard keeps me busy. 400$ a month yard service or 12$ month unlimited car washes x 2 cars. I’m too old and it gets too hot to do both. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/1/2018 at 10:34 AM, Payton34 said:

I did mine myself with Optimum Gloss coat and it is amazing.  Truck stays cleaner longer and is much easier to clean and dry off.  Also things like bugs and tar come right off when washing and do not need to scrub.  I did mine this spring and so far still working just as good 6 months later.  I am hoping it hold up to winter.

how is it holding up so far this winter?

I am about to pull the trigger on this in the Spring. I'm getting tired of laying on synthetic waxes that get worn out on the side panels from driving a few trips in the rain.  I think I am going to go the Kamikaze Miyabi route along with a couple of their other products for additional protection and appearance effect.  It will be a few hundred bucks up front but it appears to have great self cleaning and great durability.

I'd be happier then hell if all I had to do was wash whenever and then use a maintenance spray once a month to boost the life of the coating and not have to worry about doing a detail.

11 hours ago, Payton34 said:

So far ots holding up great the salt barley sticks to the paint and still beads and sheets off when i wash it.  I am thinking I should get atleast 2 years out of it. 

Great to hear. Another question - do you use any type of maintenance product to boost the life of the coating and keep it working at its best performance?

I used opti seal as a booster but have not used it since October since it’s gotten too cold I am only able to do quick wash and dry but coating still performs as well as when I put it on last spring. I also use optimum high gloss detail spray occasionally 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just adding my experience:

Bought a 2018 Silverado Centennial blue in March'18.

Had XPel Paint Protection Film applied to the front, 1/3 hood, and mirrors.

On top of that, applied Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra.

I get pro detailed 2x per year (they say they use a sealant, instead of a wax)

every week, I run the car though a tunnel wash (lots of brushes)

Here is how it seems to be holding up so far (~14,000 miles):

I am happy. The only paint failures/rock chips I have are from before the work (driving home from the dealer :banghead:)

20190124_081042.jpg

20190124_081035.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2019 at 8:44 AM, jimmyboy8301 said:

Has anyone tried the new Adams ceramic coating spray they just released?

I have a bottle but havent had time to apply it to the truck yet.  Going to do a test run on the roof since I literally had just corrected the paint on the rest of the truck before adams release it.  Still need to correc the roof, so im good there.  probably going to apply it next week as long as this rain stops.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:44 AM, jimmyboy8301 said:

Has anyone tried the new Adams ceramic coating spray they just released?

Not on paint yet only on a plastic wickerbill that I installed yesterday.  Seems ok.  I watched a few reviews, one concern is with the small bottles they sell the egdes around the containter and the towel you use gets hard from the coating over time.  This product even though its labeled as 9H doesnt which is odd.  It does act just like their other product where it flashes and you wipe.  

1 hour ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Not on paint yet only on a plastic wickerbill that I installed yesterday.  Seems ok.  I watched a few reviews, one concern is with the small bottles they sell the egdes around the containter and the towel you use gets hard from the coating over time.  This product even though its labeled as 9H doesnt which is odd.  It does act just like their other product where it flashes and you wipe.  

I have the small bottle.  I had also heard the sprayer plugs up with the ceramic spray too.  I ran some surface prep through the sprayer after I used it friday.  I applied some to my fish finder screen lol.  It seemed to work great yesterday, well see how long it lasts.