06 Hood and front end??

Hey y’all so i got myself an 06 1500, and i’m doing all the body work to make it pretty again, just an easy question i hope you guys can help with cause google images doesn’t help a lot, but i can picture my hood and lights pretty vividly, now i’ve seen countless times, not only on 2500’s but on 1500’s too where the way there good meets the headlights is different, it cuts the inside top corners more, i like this look a lot, looks a little aggressive if you ask me, but what truck did this come from? someone told me that they thought it could’ve been the 02’s hoods, or is this just something that’s only on HD’s from 02’ - 06’? any help would be awesome

25 minutes ago, greatmizzou said:

Google gmt800 and gmt900 photos

i know 2002 Silverado 1500HD’s May have had a more aggressive/bulky hood.  I’m not sure about the 2003 and up.  I just remember 2003 went all angular with headlights and I hated those.

What do you mean by angular headlights? that may be what i’m looking for, maybe i just got confused lol, could you supply a pic of the different ones you’re talking about?

4 hours ago, Stefan12 said:

What do you mean by angular headlights? that may be what i’m looking for, maybe i just got confused lol, could you supply a pic of the different ones you’re talking about?

Oh I’m sorry,   The gmt800 trucks had a “facelift” in 2003...   google 2003 Silverado can a 2002 Silverado and you will easily see the difference.

gmt900 was like a totally new design and I misspoke earlier 

8 hours ago, greatmizzou said:

Oh I’m sorry,   The gmt800 trucks had a “facelift” in 2003...   google 2003 Silverado can a 2002 Silverado and you will easily see the difference.

gmt900 was like a totally new design and I misspoke earlier 

Awesome! okay so yes the picture of the 2003 silverado, how the hood kind of cuts out the corners of the lights, that’s what i’m after, now how easy is that to do? i’m thinking it’s not just the hood itself it’s probably the lights as well correct? if so do the 03 headlights mount the same on the 06 sierra? does the grille need to be changed as well?

7 hours ago, greatmizzou said:

Don’t take any offense, but if you can’t figure out what your truck looks like you should probably not be doing any body work whatsoever.

i don’t know where you got lost in this thread but i know exactly what my truck looks like. i’m trying to figure out how to make it look different by pinpointing the truck that has the style i want and it’s compatibility.

1 hour ago, Stefan12 said:

i don’t know where you got lost in this thread but i know exactly what my truck looks like. i’m trying to figure out how to make it look different by pinpointing the truck that has the style i want and it’s compatibility.

No problem!

Maybe post some pictures of the current front end of your truck and then post some photos of the front end you desire.  That would make it more clear the transition you want.   It sounds like the 2006 body style, which you own, is what you want.   That’s why it’s a bit confusing to me.  

Edited by greatmizzou

Front end parts of 03 to 07 classic are all interchangeable. You cannot interchange any parts from an 02 to an 03up but you can interchange the complete front clip and it will match the door seam perfectly.  I have a friend who needed a new truck but didn't like the look of the front, so he bought the truck and found an 02 front clip of the same color and swapped it.

nHisiFZ.jpg

The 06 came with 3 different hoods 2 were interchangeable the other hood needed a different grille to fill the gap. Not sure if the ton truck hood fitted the pick up though, that had an aggressive look.

There were also a pile of aftermarket hoods...with scoops and rams.

RL9NaR6.jpg

tzo6DeN.jpg

Edited by Coby7
grammar seam not seem