2019 Start Stop Disable Module

And to those that say " I'll never have this start/stop crap"  ... get comfortable with your current truck.. because every truck by 2020 will have it.  All the big 3 already do... not sure about Nissan and Toyota. 

I’m very comfortable.bc566ef4769a2f46b87229f60171161d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Mattb91193 said:

Hey man thanks for your opinion.  I get paid a lot of money on a daily basis to do stuff a lot more complicated than this.  I can design and write all the code for the computer in the truck.  I can actually design all of the electronics in the truck if I wanted to.

This is a 10 minute simple job, and if you think opening and closing a relay (simulates pressing the button) on a nicely packaged, circuit board and enclosure will ruin somebody's truck ... you're just ignorant and misinformed.  Which is okay. Just go spend $200k on an engineering degree like me and you'll know how to do it yourself like I do.

I will make this module, and it will work.  End of story.  I just need somebody who wants to help.  And if it isn't you, I don't want to hear the negativity.

You missed the point t completely.  I'm a licensed electrician so I also kniw how simple a timer circuit is. But you and I don't know how the switch works and it's not always as simple as a open or closure.  In a 1974 c10, yeah probably.  The interface could be a ribbon cable the whole switch plate could run off a bus.  We don't know what the setup is and to propose to design something without even seeing it and to depend on someone else's ability to use a multimeter is reckless. 

Perhaps that's the difference between someone who knows the theory and someone who spends their life doing the work.  Why not just rent one?

1 minute ago, shift_grind said:

You missed the point t completely.  I'm a licensed electrician so I also kniw how simple a timer circuit is. But you and I don't know how the switch works and it's not always as simple as a open or closure.  In a 1974 c10, yeah probably.  The interface could be a ribbon cable the whole switch plate could run off a bus.  We don't know what the setup is and to propose to design something without even seeing it and to depend on someone else's ability to use a multimeter is reckless. 

Perhaps that's the difference between someone who knows the theory and someone who spends their life doing the work.  Why not just rent one?

More than happy to show you any of the circuit boards I have designed and programmed.  They're not theoretical, they exist and work great.  But that is actually great advice.  I don't see any available for rent, but as soon as they are I will rent one if I can't get anyone to help me out.  All I need is a picture first ... that's pretty straight forward.

19 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

And if it does have a ribbon cable, I just need to know the pinout for that particular button on the cable and the circuit board I design will have a ribbon cable connector on it  ;) 

It will be great and simple to do if that button has 3 wires and a plug, ignition power, ground and a trigger wire. If it does, it will be simple to design and more importantly simple for the end user to install.  I imagine there will be an OBDii device that will allow the end user to just plug it in and disable dynamic skip for as well as start / stop, which would be a bit more complicated but we have seen a OBDii afm disabler.  Could possibly be a trailer plug too as some vehicles disable certain features like this when they detect a trailer. 

Perhaps you can find someone local to meet up with and take a look at the interface.  In exchange you'd give them the end result for free.  Just a thought.  I'm not trying to throw shade your way I just think this idea could really go either way as far as complexity of integrating it goes.  The idea however, is really simple.  

47 minutes ago, Cmillerjr said:

I honestly don’t mind it. I thought I would but it doesn’t bother me at all. 

And my guess is 90% of the other people that get a 2019 will end up feeling the same once they actually try it... 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GMC-AT said:

And to those that say " I'll never have this start/stop crap"  ... get comfortable with your current truck.. because every truck by 2020 will have it.  All the big 3 already do... not sure about Nissan and Toyota. 

Or you can step up to a 2500 series and have a truck that starts and stops when you want it to!

No nannies, just a truck that you can get the job done with and not have to deal with something that belongs on a Prius.

On 10/2/2018 at 6:37 PM, Cmillerjr said:

I honestly don’t mind it. I thought I would but it doesn’t bother me at all. 

Same here.  I've had my truck for just over two weeks and I barely even notice it anymore.  BTW, looks like our trucks are twins.

42432256_10204839499183362_4960029860660510720_o.jpg

3 hours ago, Demon said:

Same here.  I've had my truck for just over two weeks and I barely even notice it anymore.  BTW, looks like our trucks are twins.

42432256_10204839499183362_4960029860660510720_o.jpg

I may be a little partial, but I think these trucks in black are the best looking out of the 2019 lineup.