Zane

3.0L Duramax Diesel Specs Leaked From Canadian Dealer Portal

I got an up close and personal with a new High County yesterday sitting in front of the place I eat. Farmers coffee clutch place. Two things I noticed like getting hit in the face with an ice cold wash rag. 1.) That thing is HUGE. 2.) It wins, hands down, the ugliest truck ever designed award. That spot for me has been held by the Nissan for quite awhile.  The interior however was quite nice and if I could get in it without looking at it....maybe. 

They could put "Warp Drive' in it and assign Scotty as my mechanic and I just couldn't bring myself to speed that much money on that much ugly. My skin is crawling now so I'll stop.... :lol: :lol: :lol: (how do you get these guys to roll on the floor :)

1 hour ago, Grumpy Bear said:

I got an up close and personal with a new High County yesterday sitting in front of the place I eat. Farmers coffee clutch place. Two things I noticed like getting hit in the face with an ice cold wash rag. 1.) That thing is HUGE. 2.) It wins, hands down, the ugliest truck ever designed award. That spot for me has been held by the Nissan for quite awhile.  The interior however was quite nice and if I could get in it without looking at it....maybe. 

They could put "Warp Drive' in it and assign Scotty as my mechanic and I just couldn't bring myself to speed that much money on that much ugly. My skin is crawling now so I'll stop.... :lol: :lol: :lol: (how do you get these guys to roll on the floor :)

Me on the other hand really like the way it looks.  Well, I am coming from a 2002 model. :)  Anyway, the interior to me is not much different from the current model. A few tweaks here and there but that is about it.  Not a ground breaking change considering the rest of the truck has gone through one.  I'm still miffed that there is no information at all on towing mirrors.  Who offers a "max trailering package" and doesn't or hasn't thought out to include mirrors?  I need them to be able to see around our trailer.  Just crazy.:rollin:

For it's size the 3.0L Duramax puts out some pretty good numbers compared to it's big brother 6.6L Duramax. If the 3.0L Duramax has 282 HP and 450 lb-ft torque that would equate to 94 HP and 150 lb-ft per liter. The 6.6L L5P Duramax has 445 HP and 910 lb-ft of torque which equates to 67 HP and 138 lb-ft or torque per liter. Appears the 3.0L is doing more with less.

2 hours ago, gone_fishing said:

For it's size the 3.0L Duramax puts out some pretty good numbers compared to it's big brother 6.6L Duramax. If the 3.0L Duramax has 282 HP and 450 lb-ft torque that would equate to 94 HP and 150 lb-ft per liter. The 6.6L L5P Duramax has 445 HP and 910 lb-ft of torque which equates to 67 HP and 138 lb-ft or torque per liter. Appears the 3.0L is doing more with less.

And what happens when you squeeze a pimple that hard? :smash:

Will be buying a 3.0 duramax after it’s been out for a couple years. I’m sold with the mpg, the power, and I absolutely love how they’re going with a straight 6. I’m excited to see how these engines do when deleted, tuned, and better breathing. I swore I’d never buy another Chevy 1500, but the fact that GM is now up to par on safety technology (compared to f150), and they made the trucks with more storeage and room makes it more interesting. I Only will tow a trailer with shifter karts so maybe 3,000 lbs tops. Perfect rig for camping and snow. I’m very please with their 10 spd too. GM has earned my business back and won me over from Ford.