TFLtruck takes the trail boss off road

I feel like people are expecting so much out of the Trail Boss and AT4, so they are disappointed easily. Maybe its in the naming. To me the Trail Boss is a replacement for the midnight edition, with a nice 2in block lift. IMO its not meant to be in the same conversation as a ZR2 and Raptor. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lucely Engineered said:

I feel like people are expecting so much out of the Trail Boss and AT4, so they are disappointed easily. Maybe its in the naming. To me the Trail Boss is a replacement for the midnight edition, with a nice 2in block lift. IMO its not meant to be in the same conversation as a ZR2 and Raptor. 

The ZR2 is primarily based around the MultiMatic DSSV Shocks, other than the factory "lift"

Raptor... well... a league of its own.

Trail Boss and AT4 Should come from the factory with ANYTHING other than the no good Tenneco's!

Bilsteins, Falcons, Fox or Anything other than Ranchos.

Bottom line no doubt about it.

31 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

The ZR2 is primarily based around the MultiMatic DSSV Shocks, other than the factory "lift"

Raptor... well... a league of its own.

Trail Boss and AT4 Should come from the factory with ANYTHING other than the no good Tenneco's!

Bilsteins, Falcons, Fox or Anything other than Ranchos.

Bottom line no doubt about it.

Yeah, i wont disagree with you about the shocks because i dont really have an opinion on them. I was just talking about the truck as a whole, seems like its been getting a lot of peoples hopes up when to me its just the next Midnight edition but better. 

1 hour ago, Sierra Dan said:

Look at all of the Bobblehead action with those junk factory Tenneco Rancho shocks. :loser:

Big Let down on this Trail Boss and the GMC AT4 suspension wise.

Can you please upload your video of your truck with some "Bilsteins, Falcons, Fox or Anything other than Ranchos." hitting the same terrain so we can see how much less the drivers head moves?

Judging by that video, its fairly impressive what this street legal truck can climb. Even for people who hunt offroad, 99% of them will never come close to this steep, rocky drive.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I agree. Neither Trail Boss or AT4 compare to Raptor or the Smaller ZR2.

Obviously GM did not intend for them to anyway.

I would like to see this from the factory!

See the source image

This is sick. GM, if you are listening, build this please. As far as the trail boss goes, its basically a leveling kit and better tires which most enthusiasts switch out anyways. It needs selectable lockers at the very least.

56 minutes ago, NWI Denali said:

This is sick. GM, if you are listening, build this please. As far as the trail boss goes, its basically a leveling kit and better tires which most enthusiasts switch out anyways. It needs selectable lockers at the very least.

I could see GM building this and sticking their 5.3 down our throats.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NWI Denali said:

The trailboss is already 55k with a 5.3 and a level kit on an LT trim.....Im not sure GM can build a raptor crusher with how much profit GM wants to pull out of these trucks.  .

How much is a raptor fighter going to cost with an LT4, a really nice suspension and a custom trim.. 100k?

Edited by Chris walker

15 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

Raptir fighter would need a 6.2, exhaust, 10 speed and 3.73s. People wouldn't complain.  

That is barely a Raptor fighter today....and it wouldnt be in the same arena when the Raptor gets a new engine in 2020. The Raptor is supposed to get Fords new 7.0 DOHC in 2020...

That would be 7.uh-oh for Chevy if they put in a 6.2 and tried to compete...

Edited by Chris walker

57 minutes ago, shift_grind said:

Raptir fighter would need a 6.2, exhaust, 10 speed and 3.73s. People wouldn't complain.  

An LT4 with 650/650 would be to die for. Would go for $100k though I'm sure. I'd be happy with an NA 6.2 with a hotter tune offering 440/480.

56 minutes ago, Chris walker said:

That is barely a Raptor fighter today....and it wouldnt be in the same arena when the Raptor gets a new engine in 2020. The Raptor is supposed to get Fords new 7.0 DOHC in 2020...

That would be 7.uh-oh for Chevy if they put in a 6.2 and tried to compete...

Wrong. This is not confirmed anywhere. The new 7.X liter V8 is slated to replace the sohc 6.2 in the Superduties. As long as there is a raptor, it will have an EcoBoost.

• Like 1