TFLtruck takes the trail boss off road

Yes they would.  People on this sight seem to like to complain.

I feel like most of the complaints are coming from people who wouldn’t buy even if they made the truck exactly how they wanted it because it would cost too much. There is no winning there.

4 hours ago, NWI Denali said:

Wrong. This is not confirmed anywhere. The new 7.X liter V8 is slated to replace the sohc 6.2 in the Superduties. As long as there is a raptor, it will have an EcoBoost.

You may be right because I have zero insider information...Literally every industry rag or insider with information that has posted information points to the Raptor getting the 7.0 in 2020, however....Ford didnt spend boat loads to build the 7.0 for it to sit on the shelf and see limited usage in the superduty.

What is the biggest complaint about the raptor? Boosted V6...and the Raptor is an absolute cash cow for Ford.

We will see...and Im not a Ford lover by any means. I own one Chevy and will put another in my garage within 6 months. If I have a preference it strongly sways the way of the bow tie. 

Edited by Chris walker

I’m concerned by the fact that Andre mentions the truck is cutting power, when in 4 low. The TC and Stabilitrac should be off.

Those electronic nannies just can’t let you have too much fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, rkj__ said:

I’m concerned by the fact that Andre mentions the truck is cutting power, when in 4 low. The TC and Stabilitrac should be off.

Those electronic nannies just can’t let you have too much fun.

It’s the same with my wife’s Subaru. Even though you can turn off TC. Dynamics control kicks in if the car gets sideways too much. Kinda kills the winter fun on that aspect 

Edited by Camario

13 hours ago, Chris walker said:

You may be right because I have zero insider information...Literally every industry rag or insider with information that has posted information points to the Raptor getting the 7.0 in 2020, however....Ford didnt spend boat loads to build the 7.0 for it to sit on the shelf and see limited usage in the superduty.

What is the biggest complaint about the raptor? Boosted V6...and the Raptor is an absolute cash cow for Ford.

We will see...and Im not a Ford lover by any means. I own one Chevy and will put another in my garage within 6 months. If I have a preference it strongly sways the way of the bow tie. 

I've interpreted it as the initial 7x will be mass produced for SD use and gradually other versions will appear like a hopped up Raptor and maybe a Platinum F150 version. Regardless, I'm anxious to see the numbers from 7x and of course what GM has up their sleave for the 2020 HD gas engine.

25 minutes ago, magnum74 said:

I've interpreted it as the initial 7x will be mass produced for SD use and gradually other versions will appear like a hopped up Raptor and maybe a Platinum F150 version. Regardless, I'm anxious to see the numbers from 7x and of course what GM has up their sleave for the 2020 HD gas engine.

Gm gave up on the HD gas motors long time ago. The 6.0 is a dinosaur from 15 years ago.  Solid dependable motor but last vs it’s gas competitors. I wouldn’t hold my breath.  

3 hours ago, magnum74 said:

This new Ford 7.X gasser could be a game-changer in the heavy-duty segment. With the cost of diesels and ever-increasing complexity of their emissions systems, lots of buyers are looking for a viable gas option. If Ford can make 420hp/500tq in a workhorse application tuned conservatively for long-term reliability, they will have a home run.

• Like 1

It’s the same with my wife’s Subaru. Even though you can turn off TC. Dynamics control kicks in if the car gets sideways too much. Kinda kills the winter fun on that aspect 

I expect that from a Subaru, but less so a Silverado.

The Outback is embarrassing, in some off road scenarios actually. You can have it floored, traction to two wheels, but it just sits there, and refuses to go up hill. TFL did a video on that recently. They later did a follow up, where they were eventually able to get it up hill, but it definitely did not want to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rkj__ said:

I expect that from a Subaru, but less so a Silverado.

The Outback is embarrassing, I’m some off road scenarios actually. You can have it floored, traction to two wheels, but it just sits there, and refuses to go up hill. TFL did a video on that recently. They later did a follow up, where they were eventually able to get it up hill, but it definitely did not want to.

Its the CVT transmission. Not as tough as the old AT transmission or a manual transmission. I bet the older AT or a manual trans outback would be able to do it no sweat.

This new Ford 7.X gasser could be a game-changer in the heavy-duty segment. With the cost of diesels and ever-increasing complexity of their emissions systems, lots of buyers are looking for a viable gas option. If Ford can make 420hp/500tq in a workhorse application tuned conservatively for long-term reliability, they will have a home run.
This makes sense for the heavy duties. I just dont see a presumably heavy 7.0l motor making it into the already heavy raptor, especially with that weight being directly over the front axle. It would be badass but I just dont see it happening in the raptor...who knows.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

My 2 cent on diesels. There wouldn’t be a need for such complex emissions if there was a high quality clean burning fuel. It is possible but “big oil” isn’t going to let it happen as long as they can keep making millions of of crap they make now.

Look at E85. It burns really clean. The black soot that collects on my tailpipe running pure gas is non existent running E85.

Big oil runs this country along with big pharmaceutical companies. Why do you think there are members in Congress that have been there for 50+ years and super rich? It isn’t from there regular pay check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

I don’t understand why after reading many claims on here that the 6.2 gets the same or better fuel mileage than the 5.3 why they have two engines. Seems to me they could have the 6.2 tuned to run on all fuels. It should be able to self tune to run on 87 to E-85 and have HP related to each fuel. I’ve been doing it with a hand held since 2001. I can remember a turbo Ford 4 cylinder mustang that you could switch between reg gas to premium gas. Seems to me it would be cheaper to just produce just the one engine.

On 10/7/2018 at 7:56 AM, Black02Silverado said:

My 2 cent on diesels. There wouldn’t be a need for such complex emissions if there was a high quality clean burning fuel. It is possible but “big oil” isn’t going to let it happen as long as they can keep making millions of of crap they make now.

Look at E85. It burns really clean. The black soot that collects on my tailpipe running pure gas is non existent running E85.

Big oil runs this country along with big pharmaceutical companies. Why do you think there are members in Congress that have been there for 50+ years and super rich? It isn’t from there regular pay check.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You need to learn more about the differences between gasoline and diesel, and how fuel is produced. Diesel is not dirtier because "big oil" is keeping it dirty and keeping "high quality clean burning fuel" out of our hands. "Diesel" is a specific cut (boiling point range) of crude oil, and is naturally "dirtier" to burn than gasoline because diesel is a heavier cut (higher boiling point, i.e. containing larger more complex molecules that break apart in nastier ways when combusted) than gasoline. There is no way around that- it is chemistry. Gasoline will always naturally burn cleaner than diesel just as natural gas, which is a lighter than gasoline, will always burn cleaner than gasoline. 

To make diesel fuel cleaner (i.e. ultra low sulfur diesel) requires more processing. So you are either going to pay at the pump or pay when purchasing the engine with all the complex emissions equipment. It is the trucking industry, not big oil, that pushes for cheaper but dirtier diesel fuel btw.  

Edited by teehee
  • Like 1