TFLtruck takes the trail boss off road

2 hours ago, teehee said:

You need to learn more about the differences between gasoline and diesel, and how fuel is produced. Diesel is not dirtier because "big oil" is keeping it dirty and keeping "high quality clean burning fuel" out of our hands. "Diesel" is a specific cut (boiling point range) of crude oil, and is naturally "dirtier" to burn than gasoline because diesel is a heavier cut (higher boiling point, i.e. containing larger more complex molecules that break apart in nastier ways when combusted) than gasoline. There is no way around that- it is chemistry. Gasoline will always naturally burn cleaner than diesel just as natural gas, which is a lighter than gasoline, will always burn cleaner than gasoline. 

To make diesel fuel cleaner (i.e. ultra low sulfur diesel) requires more processing. So you are either going to pay at the pump or pay when purchasing the engine with all the complex emissions equipment. It is the trucking industry, not big oil, that pushes for cheaper but dirtier diesel fuel btw.  

I guess it is a trade off then.  Diesels are not popular here in the US like some other countries so I can see that it will not change.  I would pay more for a cleaner burning diesel if it meant that the vehicle didn't need all the complicated emissions that it has now, which causes most of the issues today.  I wish Propel Fuel was available on the east coast.  Seems to be a great alternative to regular diesel.