leveling a trailboss

4 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

Do happen to know the heights of the wheel wells front an rear? Debating on putting a 1" or 1 1/2" level. i'm debating on  buying a Trail boss or a RST with a 3" front and 2" rear on which my current k2 has.

I'm 41 to the back and 41.5 to the front. The bed of the truck however is still slightly higher in the back than it is at the cab. So I'm thinking this is about the perfect spot to be! Here is another pic of it to see the overall stance. 

20190225_121018.jpg

On 2/26/2019 at 12:07 PM, Ben Berkenpas said:

I'm 41 to the back and 41.5 to the front. The bed of the truck however is still slightly higher in the back than it is at the cab. So I'm thinking this is about the perfect spot to be! Here is another pic of it to see the overall stance. 

20190225_121018.jpg

Hi. I ordered that same leveling kit you installed on your truck from the link you provided on a previous post. I have same exact truck as yours just different color and it is a TRAIL BOSS CUSTOM, NOT A TRAIL BOSS LT. I am wondering if maybe the LT is different than the Custom as I did the 1.5 inch kit you put on yours and I still seem to have a rake :( Wondering if I need to send this one back and get the 2 inch kit instead? Just to confirm, you put the 1.5 inch on yours correct? Let me know man, thanks again for all your posts and info on this! Just want this thing to sit perfectly level!

11 hours ago, jj_marshy said:

Hi. I ordered that same leveling kit you installed on your truck from the link you provided on a previous post. I have same exact truck as yours just different color and it is a TRAIL BOSS CUSTOM, NOT A TRAIL BOSS LT. I am wondering if maybe the LT is different than the Custom as I did the 1.5 inch kit you put on yours and I still seem to have a rake :( Wondering if I need to send this one back and get the 2 inch kit instead? Just to confirm, you put the 1.5 inch on yours correct? Let me know man, thanks again for all your posts and info on this! Just want this thing to sit perfectly level!

Correct. Mine is a 1.5 Motofab. The one I posted in the link. What are you measurements to wheel wells? I wonder if the custom is a bit different in some way. 

Edited by Ben Berkenpas

12 minutes ago, Ben Berkenpas said:

Correct. Mine is a 1.5 Motofab. The one I posted in the link. What are you measurements to wheel wells? I wonder if the customer is a bit different in some way. 

I will go measure right now and let you know. I am almost thinking maybe the Custom has different suspension than the LT, cause mine definetly did not level out like yours did, it's definitely better but still not completely leveled like yours is, thats why i am wondering if I need the 2 inch? damn

11 hours ago, Ben Berkenpas said:

Correct. Mine is a 1.5 Motofab. The one I posted in the link. What are you measurements to wheel wells? I wonder if the customer is a bit different in some way. 

Well, here is a before and after. It does look more leveled to me but I feel like it’s still off and not as leveled as yours. What do you think? Is it just me? FC23CF49-0F12-4D7A-AAED-E11D53D6379F.thumb.jpeg.02f28321859e06698198b7051b8daffe.jpeg

• Like 2

I will go measure right now and let you know. I am almost thinking maybe the Custom has different suspension than the LT, cause mine definetly did not level out like yours did, it's definitely better but still not completely leveled like yours is, thats why i am wondering if I need the 2 inch? damn
Is your gas tank almost empty? The extra weight might make some difference in the rear height

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, jj_marshy said:

Well, here is a before and after. It does look more leveled to me but I feel like it’s still off and not as leveled as yours. What do you think? Is it just me? FC23CF49-0F12-4D7A-AAED-E11D53D6379F.thumb.jpeg.02f28321859e06698198b7051b8daffe.jpeg

What are your measurements. I have stock tires yet so your might be a little taller, but regardless of that, front should be the same height or a touch more than the back. My front is a half inch higher than the back according to measurement. 

I think it looks really nice. Huge improvement! I like it!

• 3 weeks later...

For all those out there asking about leveling the AT4 and Trailboss let me share my experience.  Recently purchased a red 2019 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab 4x4 with X31 Off Road Package.  Had dealer install the GM Accessories 2 inch lift so basically made the truck the equivalent of an AT4 or trailboss. With the help of a friend I added the Rough Country leveling lift ( 1311) which took less than 2 hrs.  Local shop did a simple alignment check and tweak for $50

I really like the new stance and fairly level appearance of the truck. Still need to figure out plans for wheels and tires

2EF8E3A5-5754-4D59-9DAF-A9B0746BA314.png

2993514B-064F-4192-8390-6B398222D995.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I found this picture searching around online today. Haven't seen this truck on the forum but I really like the setup. From what I've read on readylift, leveling kits are coming soon for us. I'm not sure what the differences will be so I'll probably wait a few weeks to see.

TRAILBOSS 2 INCH SPACERS  - LEVELING KIT - 35S.JPG

I found this picture searching around online today. Haven't seen this truck on the forum but I really like the setup. From what I've read on readylift, leveling kits are coming soon for us. I'm not sure what the differences will be so I'll probably wait a few weeks to see.
5cf1a93a92e9b_TRAILBOSS2INCHSPACERS-LEVELINGKIT-35S.JPG.6e2fa8d2394886dce3859d0eac01d0ac.JPG
How can he not be rubbing with 35s and 2" spacers? If thats the case i know what route i am going.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JR09country said:

How can he not be rubbing with 35s and 2" spacers? If thats the case i know what route i am going.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I'm guessing he trimmed a lot

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:14 PM, Ben Berkenpas said:

What are your measurements. I have stock tires yet so your might be a little taller, but regardless of that, front should be the same height or a touch more than the back. My front is a half inch higher than the back according to measurement. 

I think it looks really nice. Huge improvement! I like it!

What are you wheel and tire specs? I am thinking about order the same wheels but wasn't sure what offset and tire size. did you need a spacer to clear the front calipers?