Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

This could be a very helpful thread for owners of the T1 to post their "discoveries" or “hacks” about the truck that you didn't know about until you stumbled across them. Also post any helpful tips for the various new features on these new trucks.

Please feel free to share if what worked with the K2 is the same as well as if there is anything new discovered.

Thanks!

• Like 1

In prior year model Year Silverado’s & Sierra’s, the information about your truck’s build (RPO Codes) could be found in the glovebox. Now GM has moved this information inside the door. See Below....

The Service Parts Identification (SPID) label, often located in the glovebox of a vehicle, lists a vehicle’s VIN, RPO codes and other information that identify the content of the vehicle. Beginning with the 2018 model year, much of this information will be available through a QR code on the Certification label (Pictured Below)

F01-cert-label.png

The “Peremiter Lighting System” succeeds the the previous, cargo box lighting feature on the K2 Generation. On the 2019 Silverado, the Perimeter Lighting System is standard on top two trim levels; LTZ & High Country. On the 2019 Sierra, the Perimiter lighting is available on 3 trim levels; SLT, AT4, and Denali.

The Perimeter Lighting system illuminates the truck’s bed as well as the area around the vehicle, thereby helping owners see their truck as well as immediately surrounding area in poorly-lit conditions, including dark worksites, camping grounds and driveways.

• Like 2

• Zane pinned this topic

Do you wonder how you would access your truck if your battery is dead or even how you would access your spare tire?

Your key fob has a spare key inside of it where the key ring is. Push the button on the side of your fob and pull up. You will pull out the spare key which works for your spare tire as well as access your truck if battery dies.

Edited by Big E in TX
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SAMS819 said:

The roof panel has been made much stronger. On my 16 when washing it you had to be careful not to buckle it with light pressure. The 19 has more bent metal for strength.

I noticed that too. My 03 Silverado roof panel was made out of aluminum foil! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RAYS B4U said:

I noticed that too. My 03 Silverado roof panel was made out of aluminum foil! lol

I doubt that there is much variety in the gauge of steel used in the roof panels of recent gm models.   As sams819 suggests the use of bent metal is the key.  I grew up spending a lot of time in my father's sheet metal shop.  It is remarkable what strong structures can be fabricated from thin sheets of steel!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On the Silverado powered tailgate you only need to touch the dash switch or tailgate button once to open.  The key fob requires you to press the tailgate button twice to open.  To close the tailgate remotely you have to press the dash button and hold until closed.  The key fob requires you to push the tailgate button twice and on the second push to hold the button down until the tailgate is fully closed.  Found this out after my dealer told me you cannot close the tailgate remotely!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

I have never encountered 1 dealer in my life where they knew more about the vehicle I wanted to purchase than me.

Funny how they argue with you or come from left field on a vehicle's inner workings :lol:

Par for the course Doug!

Glad you were able to verify their incompetence. :thumbs:

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Although I am not an Apple product user or fan....  I will admit Apple has customer service and sales nailed down with the way they run the istores.

Was thoroughly impressed with a recent visit to have my daughter's iPhone repaired.

The store was fast, efficient and most important.... Knowledgeable!

Car dealers should take note, especially the Sales departments.

Bottom line is that Sales jobs seem to be higher in turnover rate, especially referencing car dealers.

With this, it is hard for a Salesman to know a vehicle inside and out and many models at that.

1 hour ago, DougFL said:

On the Silverado powered tailgate you only need to touch the dash switch or tailgate button once to open.  The key fob requires you to press the tailgate button twice to open.  To close the tailgate remotely you have to press the dash button and hold until closed.  The key fob requires you to push the tailgate button twice and on the second push to hold the button down until the tailgate is fully closed.  Found this out after my dealer told me you cannot close the tailgate remotely!

No shit, I didn’t know it automatically closed too! I wonder if that is only on the High Country model. I have a Trail Boss, I’ll have to try i it when I get home. 

• Like 1

Although I am not an Apple product user or fan....  I will admit Apple has customer service and sales nailed down with the way they run the istores.
Was thoroughly impressed with a recent visit to have my daughter's iPhone repaired.
The store was fast, efficient and most important.... Knowledgeable!
Car dealers should take note, especially the Sales departments.
Bottom line is that Sales jobs seem to be higher in turnover rate, especially referencing car dealers.
With this, it is hard for a Salesman to know a vehicle inside and out and many models at that.

That’s what Tesla is trying to do by owning the sales vertical.

The franchise dealership model sets up independent business that the factory can’t totally control.

(I work in the auto industry at the factory level, and think franchised dealerships have more benefits than negatives)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40 minutes ago, pronstar said:

That’s what Tesla is trying to do by owning the sales vertical.

The franchise dealership model sets up independent business that the factory can’t totally control.

(I work in the auto industry at the factory level, and think franchised dealerships have more benefits than negatives)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Well around here in the KC area, dealership Sales departments are lacking in the information department.

Not just GM, but others as well. I will say Honda and Nissan dealers around here have the most knowledge about their vehicles. Still not perfect, but way better than GM

1 hour ago, Cmillerjr said:

No shit, I didn’t know it automatically closed too! I wonder if that is only on the High Country model. I have a Trail Boss, I’ll have to try i it when I get home. 

The remote close feature should work on all models with the powered tailgate.