Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

On 5/29/2019 at 9:37 AM, ShamrockShooter said:

Discovered today that my Trail boss is much higher than my 16 z71. Forgot that and pulled in the city parking garage with a 7 ft clearance. My antenna hit every concrete cross member up 8 floors and down 8 floors. That is probably over 100 times. Didn't put my tool box in the truck yet to remove antenna. I looked at the roof in some of the tight corners and I had maybe 1 to 2 inches of Clearance before scraping paint on the roof.

Had a whole line of really pissed off cars behind me stopping ever 10 feet so I wouldn't lose my antenna.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I actually like the stock antenna for just this reason.  It's a great way to prevent loosing the sharkfin or scratching the roof! 

• Like 2

Discovered today that my Trail boss is much higher than my 16 z71. Forgot that and pulled in the city parking garage with a 7 ft clearance. My antenna hit every concrete cross member up 8 floors and down 8 floors. That is probably over 100 times. Didn't put my tool box in the truck yet to remove antenna. I looked at the roof in some of the tight corners and I had maybe 1 to 2 inches of Clearance before scraping paint on the roof.

Had a whole line of really pissed off cars behind me stopping ever 10 feet so I wouldn't lose my antenna.

This is what I have...

CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna for the Chevy Silverado 2007-2019 | 3.2 inches https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0072LDEFI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ecv8CbKBYYN98

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AT4CK! said:

I actually like the stock antenna for just this reason.  It's a great way to prevent loosing the sharkfin or scratching the roof! 

Indeed! Like those old school metal curb feelers, but for the top.

I'm a little nervous about my new truck in parking garages as well.

• Like 1

On 5/29/2019 at 12:37 PM, ShamrockShooter said:

Thats nice to know... I wasnt sure about pulling into a parking garage, now i know ,thanks man

On 5/31/2019 at 12:06 PM, scdaren said:

Indeed! Like those old school metal curb feelers, but for the top.

I'm a little nervous about my new truck in parking garages as well.

I am too, but when I see an F-150 in there I know I should clear. Another good reason to get the sunroof, I can open the shade and look at how close I am to the ceiling. :D

This is caused by one thing.   Lawyers.

(Sorry in advance if any of you are actually lawyers :seeya:)
That right there what you call terrible. If you really don't want drivers to use it then block it out while vehicle is driving. Its no different than looking through your tapes back in the days and flipping the tapes around. But that didn't come with disclaimer.

But I am sure it works fine just like the (you have to be 18 year or older worked) thanks to that feature there isn't any pre 18yo boy that seen a naked picture (shake my head emoji)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

I’m clearing a 7’ garage with no problems other than the antenna, with a 6” lift and 35s. I’ve got about 1-2” clearance as I’m pretty sure the truck sits right at about 6’10”. I’m knocking the crap out of the antenna on every storm water pipe, clearance sign and exit sign, but that’s it. The concrete sits higher at close to 8’, so I admit, not quite as brutal hitting the pipes. But the reception is still good. With that being said, now that I’m comfortable having been in multiple 7’ garages with the same outcome, I’m going to replace with a stubby and know not to enter anything under 7’. The stock trail bosses and AT4s should have no problem at 6’8” and above I would think, with the exception of the 15’ antenna Chevy still runs with :D

I’m clearing a 7’ garage with no problems other than the antenna, with a 6” lift and 35s. I’ve got about 1-2” clearance as I’m pretty sure the truck sits right at about 6’10”. I’m knocking the crap out of the antenna on every storm water pipe, clearance sign and exit sign, but that’s it. The concrete sits higher at close to 8’, so I admit, not quite as brutal hitting the pipes. But the reception is still good. With that being said, now that I’m comfortable having been in multiple 7’ garages with the same outcome, I’m going to replace with a stubby and know not to enter anything under 7’. The stock trail bosses and AT4s should have no problem at 6’8” and above I would think, with the exception of the 15’ antenna Chevy still runs with [emoji3]
I have this. It's great and has almost no affect on reception...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007...cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_Ecv8CbKBYYN98

Today I found out that if you have dew on your windshield that covers the camera behind the rear view for the forward collision warning and lane keep assist it shuts the whole system down and won't work until it's been cleared off. Should be fun in the snow and frost...

7 hours ago, BringTheRain403 said:

Today I found out that if you have dew on your windshield that covers the camera behind the rear view for the forward collision warning and lane keep assist it shuts the whole system down and won't work until it's been cleared off. Should be fun in the snow and frost...

The camera is within the sweep of the wiper so I never really had any problems this past winter keeping it clear. Dew / fog might be the worst because it tends to come back 2 seconds after you wipe it off.

On 6/6/2019 at 4:45 PM, aggieguy03 said:

I’m clearing a 7’ garage with no problems other than the antenna, with a 6” lift and 35s. I’ve got about 1-2” clearance as I’m pretty sure the truck sits right at about 6’10”. I’m knocking the crap out of the antenna on every storm water pipe, clearance sign and exit sign, but that’s it. The concrete sits higher at close to 8’, so I admit, not quite as brutal hitting the pipes. But the reception is still good. With that being said, now that I’m comfortable having been in multiple 7’ garages with the same outcome, I’m going to replace with a stubby and know not to enter anything under 7’. The stock trail bosses and AT4s should have no problem at 6’8” and above I would think, with the exception of the 15’ antenna Chevy still runs with :D

The 2019's must sit quite a bit higher than the 2016's ,  because my 2019 slt (stock ride height) only clears my 7 foot garage door by about 2 inches at the shark fin, so I'm sure if I put a 6" lift and 35s on it, it would hit somewhere about 5 to 7" down on the windshield 

Stock ride height on the SLT is 75.5 inches

My AT4 is 78.5 inches and clears an 80 inch parking garage at my work.

If you're stock ride height SLT is barely clearing your garage you might want to remeasure your garage because it's not 7 feet tall (84 inches)