Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

4 hours ago, Keta said:

I think the noise is the electric parking brake. Push the button and see if that is the noise you are hearing.

No, this is different. I set my electric parking brake every night, as my driveway is an incline. (One of the new features I LOVE, btw.)

So after I start the truck, I turn off the brake and hear it disengage. The noise mentioned in the thread above is different, and it does sound like the fuel pump. Just more... jet-like, ha! 

I just picked up The Trail Boss Z71 on friday evening. I love this truck. Any time i'm parked somewhere I just start fiddling around and find something cool. One little thing I noticed...The footstep(foot brace?) to the left of the brake pedal is more pronounced, like the mid 90's trucks. One thing I used to miss(I notice because I do a lot of bush/mountain driving). The A pillars are repostioned so there is less of a blind spot for pedestrians at crosswalks. I did not about about the rear view mirror and the other little things on this post - Big Thanks to you all!  

Edited by Jonnb

2 minutes ago, Jonnb said:

I just picked up The Trail Boss Z71 on friday evening. I love this truck. Any time i'm parked somewhere I just start fiddling around and find something cool. One little thing I noticed...The footstep(foot brace?) to the left of the brake pedal is more pronounced, like the mid 90's trucks. One thing I used to miss(I notice because I do a lot of bush/mountain driving. The A pillars are repostioned so there is less of a blind spot for pedestrians at crosswalks. I did not about about the rear view mirror and the other little things on this post - Big Thanks to you all!  

I definitely agree on the visibility in this truck. Looking over my right shoulder through the rear-right of the cab... it is so much less obstructed than my 2007. I feel like I can really see out of the truck easily, and there are many fewer blind spots. 

• Like 1

I discovered that if you leave the the turn signal on for a few minutes on the highway the dash display tells you to turn it off.  Simple but nifty.

2019 Sierra Denali 

Edited by Tritipnbeer
  • Like 3

I definitely agree on the visibility in this truck. Looking over my right shoulder through the rear-right of the cab... it is so much less obstructed than my 2007. I feel like I can really see out of the truck easily, and there are many fewer blind spots. 
The rear seat head rests fold down. It nobody is sitting in those seats, it makes it easier to see over your right shoulder

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

The rear seat head rests fold down. It nobody is sitting in those seats, it makes it easier to see over your right shoulder

I actually just leave mine up. I don't find that they are that obtrusive, personally. 

23 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Yeah, I leave mine down, great visibility. ??

One thing I've been noticing, after a few weeks of driving my RST... 

The increased height of the bed has not really stuck out to me that much... until I started noticing how small my FOV out of the rear window is. The tailgate really eats up a lot more space than my 2007 did. You don't see quite as much of the road. 

Not really a complaint, just something I finally noticed this AM when I looked out the rear window via rear-view mirror to see if I had accidentally driven over something on the road. 

• 3 weeks later...

Did yall know that ALL the power windows auto-down? 

I've owned my RST for over a month and just found that out this morning. I thought it was only the driver window, since it has the little "A" on it. I guess that means only the driver window auto-UPs. 

So living in AZ we use sun shades quite a bit.   When I put one up and covered the sensor behind the rear view mirror (i didn't know there was one) it made the outside mirrors dark.   I didn't know the side mirrors would change at all but they sure do when that sensor is covered.   

Matt

6 hours ago, econometrics said:

Did yall know that ALL the power windows auto-down? 

I've owned my RST for over a month and just found that out this morning. I thought it was only the driver window, since it has the little "A" on it. I guess that means only the driver window auto-UPs. 

Another fun trivia fact, only LTZ and HC get auto up on the passenger window. I can only imagine the bean counters calculating the savings on only making the driver window auto up on the lower trims. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 1:48 AM, Tritipnbeer said:

I discovered that if you leave the the turn signal on for a few minutes on the highway the dash display tells you to turn it off.  Simple but nifty.

2019 Sierra Denali 

my 07 service truck, was a chev, did that as well. either side

On 4/8/2019 at 2:40 AM, econometrics said:

No, this is different. I set my electric parking brake every night, as my driveway is an incline. (One of the new features I LOVE, btw.)

So after I start the truck, I turn off the brake and hear it disengage. The noise mentioned in the thread above is different, and it does sound like the fuel pump. Just more... jet-like, ha! 

Do you have HUD? I was taking a conf call in my truck with the truck turned off (so I was in it longer than normal), and noticed the HUD raises and lowers itself, which sounds a lot like the parking brake sound and (presumably) the fuel pump sound that has been described. 

Another fun trivia fact, only LTZ and HC get auto up on the passenger window. I can only imagine the bean counters calculating the savings on only making the driver window auto up on the lower trims. :rolleyes:
AT4 has both as well. I assume the Denali has it too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AT4 has both as well. I assume the Denali has it too

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yep, I would imagine SLT does too. I was just speaking on the Chevy side.