Post Your Cool Feature Discoveries On Your T1

My second round of cool discoveries. Ok after a month of ownership. I have tried the sport mode in my 6.2 Crew Cab short box and wow! What a difference from normal mode. The throttle response is more crisp. The power folding mirrors are so convenient when squeezing into the atm or bank teller lanes. The SiriusXM radio is cooler than the other side of the pillow. And the interior is so quiet cruising down the highway at 70mph you could hear an ? fart. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think a this point everyone knows about the speed limiter on the trucks (I think there are 3 different levels for the 1500's). My 6.2 High Country is limited to 112 mph. On a ~15 mile straight stretch of road with no traffic (it was 6am) and discovered Cruise control is limited to 108 mph. This picture was taken after my journey in Mexico was over and I was safely stopped.

I also learned that if you have cruise set at 108, the truck takes it's time getting from 100 to 108 (way longer than if you do it manually), and that if you use the pedal to get it to 112 so the speed limiter kicks in, cruise control is turned off.

I have experience driving cars fast, don't try this at home without a professional's help.

20200816_185928.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 6:12 PM, jgisonfire said:

I think a this point everyone knows about the speed limiter on the trucks (I think there are 3 different levels for the 1500's). My 6.2 High Country is limited to 112 mph. On a ~15 mile straight stretch of road with no traffic (it was 6am) and discovered Cruise control is limited to 108 mph. This picture was taken after my journey in Mexico was over and I was safely stopped.

I also learned that if you have cruise set at 108, the truck takes it's time getting from 100 to 108 (way longer than if you do it manually), and that if you use the pedal to get it to 112 so the speed limiter kicks in, cruise control is turned off.

I have experience driving cars fast, don't try this at home without a professional's help.

20200816_185928.jpg

As someone whose last two cars were well capable of approaching 200mph, it’s really really disconcerting when that limiter kicks in at relatively austere speeds.

On a close circuit in Mexico of course.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, killramos said:

As someone whose last two cars were well capable of approaching 200mph, it’s really really disconcerting when that limiter kicks in at relatively austere speeds.

On a close circuit in Mexico of course.

At least the ratings are because of the speed rating of the tires on the truck, instead of just some arbitrary number someone pulled out of their hind quarters.

At least the ratings are because of the speed rating of the tires on the truck, instead of just some arbitrary number someone pulled out of their hind quarters.
Rookies, lol. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] Real men do it in the USA. I enjoy going fast on the Bonneville Salt Flats, where there is no traction.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

It’s amusing reading what only GM owners gush about discovering on their GM vehicle. Foreign but made here vehicles have had those features on vehicles for about a decade. Nice to know GM is finally stepping up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It’s amusing reading what only GM owners gush about discovering on their GM vehicle. Foreign but made here vehicles have had those features on vehicles for about a decade. Nice to know GM is finally stepping up.

What’s amusing is someone coming on and saying “foreign cars had it first” on a GM truck website as if it’s relevant. It’s not. No one cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 3

What’s amusing is someone coming on and saying “foreign cars had it first” on a GM truck website as if it’s relevant. It’s not. No one cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Really? If more people mentioned it maybe GM would would stop leading from behind. GMs have always been the vehicles I’ve owned the most. The wife introduced me to other brands, she doesn’t settle. I road in my sons fairly new Malibu recently. Nice leather interior, nicely equipped. Surprisingly no backup camera . It had start stop technology tho. If you want to settle, go for it.

I have owned 3 new Lexus and now own a 2019 AT4. The AT4 has way more tech then the Lexus. In fact the Lexus I have seen, even the 100k ones are about a decade behind in tech imho. While I’m thinking about it, they were also more rattly. Not knocking them just stating facts about mine. 2 ES350s and 1 RC350.

• Thanks 1

I have owned 3 new Lexus and now own a 2019 AT4. The AT4 has way more tech then the Lexus. In fact the Lexus I have seen, even the 100k ones are about a decade behind in tech imho. While I’m thinking about it, they were also more rattly. Not knocking them just stating facts about mine. 2 ES350s and 1 RC350.
I've noticed that most of the buttons and switches in the trucks are redundant. Climate can be controlled via the touch screen or buttons below the radio buttons. Radio can be controlled from the steering wheel, touch screen, or buttons below the touch screen. Making calls from a connected cell phone is controlled through the steering wheel or touch screen. Some may consider it unnecessary, but I find the steering wheel controls beneficial. I don't touch the radio buttons below the touch screen. I do use the climate control buttons and knobs via the buttons below the radio buttons.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Osteoman said:

Not to mention their antiquated engines and drivetrains.