Superlift 3.5 Pics and opinions

11 hours ago, ducklawyer said:

1st two w/ 35s, 3rd has 295/60, 4th has 295/55.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea the 3rd one is what I'm looking at although I may have to see what the price difference is in between 35's (along with weight). Have you heard anything bad about them?

I've got the kit on my truck, it rides good.  It's a nice well put together kit, I installed it in my garage over a weekend.  Here are a couple of pics I have.  I installed a procomp 2.5" rear block on my truck, and it sits 1" higher in the rear.  The kit includes a 2" lift block to stack on top of your factory 1.25" block, I'm not a fan of running stacked blocks, so I bought my own.

My truck only gained 3" of front lift from the kit, but I'm fine with it, I really only bought the kit because i wanted the diff drop and upper control arms.  I'm running a 295/55r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler, I want to go taller, but my 10" wide wheels are limiting my tire size drastically.

6CEA3175-5B3F-4E2E-9E18-49611DB2CAFF.thumb.jpeg.cc534ae2397fc37314100a6aff982d34.jpeg

C2F53992-F748-4897-BD92-9F5316FCC438.thumb.jpeg.037e46de7b15115f8018017cd7593904.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pewterliftedz said:

I've got the kit on my truck, it rides good.  It's a nice well put together kit, I installed it in my garage over a weekend.  Here are a couple of pics I have.  I installed a procomp 2.5" rear block on my truck, and it sits 1" higher in the rear.  The kit includes a 2" lift block to stack on top of your factory 1.25" block, I'm not a fan of running stacked blocks, so I bought my own.

My truck only gained 3" of front lift from the kit, but I'm fine with it, I really only bought the kit because i wanted the diff drop and upper control arms.  I'm running a 295/55r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler, I want to go taller, but my 10" wide wheels are limiting my tire size drastically.

6CEA3175-5B3F-4E2E-9E18-49611DB2CAFF.thumb.jpeg.cc534ae2397fc37314100a6aff982d34.jpeg

C2F53992-F748-4897-BD92-9F5316FCC438.thumb.jpeg.037e46de7b15115f8018017cd7593904.jpeg

thanks for that! I'm gonna run the stock wheels and try for 295/60's

I had my shop bring in Ridge Grapplers in both sizes: 35x11.50R20 and 295/60R20 and the 295's were about 0.25" wider and 0.125" shorter and about $50 more expensive per tire(also a few lbs lighter and heavier weight capacity).

I went with the 35's due to all listed reasons and also the fact that the grips are a little deeper and more aggressive looking. I run 28 psi in mine and they ride decent.

Love the tire in that it is quiet and performs well in the rain and is really quiet. It is still and E range and rides stiffer than your stockers. I would buy again!

Sent via Morse code

• Like 1

1 hour ago, contenderv07 said:

thanks for that! I'm gonna run the stock wheels and try for 295/60's

That is my planned tire size, but IDK if they will clear with my current setup.  I do have Bilstein 5100 shock up front set at factory height, so I can always give those a bump up if really necessary.  But I think I really need to just pull the fender liners and NORCAL mod the truck.

8 minutes ago, AgDoctor said:

I had my shop bring in Ridge Grapplers in both sizes: 35x11.50R20 and 295/60R20 and the 295's were about 0.25" wider and 0.125" shorter and about $50 more expensive per tire(also a few lbs lighter and heavier weight capacity).

I went with the 35's due to all listed reasons and also the fact that the grips are a little deeper and more aggressive looking. I run 28 psi in mine and they ride decent.

Love the tire in that it is quiet and performs well in the rain and is really quiet. It is still and E range and rides stiffer than your stockers. I would buy again!

Sent via Morse code

Wow so a 295/60 and 35x11.5 are almost the exact same height?  That crazy considering the specs show them to be 3/4" difference on Nitto's website.

Edited by pewterliftedz

Make sure you check the box of parts as soon as you get it.  We received 2 left control arms the first time.  Then they sent the right control arm, but with no bushings or ball joint, so they had to then send another.  They were very quick to respond though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, contenderv07 said:

awesome thank you, do you have any pics?? Also how are you liking the superlift rear shocks??

There is a pic in one of the other threads.  I believe you had commented on it a while back during your search for a lift or level.  I can post a pic if you do not recall it.

The Superlift rear shocks seem fine for on-road use.  I do not go off-road so not sure how they will hold up.  I can't really compare the factory rears to these as I had the kit installed after I put just a few hundred miles on the truck.  I picked this kit as I did not see any negative issues from actual owners.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, dougwtx said:

There is a pic in one of the other threads.  I believe you had commented on it a while back during your search for a lift or level.  I can post a pic if you do not recall it.

The Superlift rear shocks seem fine for on-road use.  I do not go off-road so not sure how they will hold up.  I can't really compare the factory rears to these as I had the kit installed after I put just a few hundred miles on the truck.  I picked this kit as I did not see any negative issues from actual owners.

ok gotcha, I'll see if I can find it. I'm still trying to decide if I want to get this kit, or just build a custom one (like bilstein shocks, cognito UCA's, etc..)