fog and headlight leds

i wouldnt use LEDs in my low beams, but would in my fogs (just to match the temp of the lo's). There is however a very highly rated Morimoto complete LED fog assembly you can replace the stock fog lights with that has a very good light distribution.

i have 5000K HID in my stock projector low beams and the output is stronger than stock-of course- but also will be stronger than LED in the low beams

• Like 1

+1 for HIDs. I just installed an HID kit with HID projectors. I tried LEDs from OPT7 in my stock projectors, but they were worse than the halogens that came with the truck. 

1 hour ago, jerseytaylor said:

i have 5000K HID in my stock projector low beams

I'm curious to know what this looks like, and if installing HID projectors yields a different result. Do you have pics of the light output and cutoff?

I used the hid bi-xenon kit from these guys https://www.fastheadlights.com and the morimoto Xb fogs. It's nasty bright but still has a good cutoff so I don't blind everyone. I think I will use some of the lumileds leds in the high beams so they match the bi-xenon hids.

The kit from fast headlights makes the projectors high beams as well as the normal high beams.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spasch said:

I used the hid bi-xenon kit from these guys https://www.fastheadlights.com and the morimoto Xb fogs. It's nasty bright but still has a good cutoff so I don't blind everyone. I think I will use some of the lumileds leds in the high beams so they match the bi-xenon hids.

The kit from fast headlights makes the projectors high beams as well as the normal high beams.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Same kit that I have.

• Like 1