fog and headlight leds

4 hours ago, CO-Stark said:

Yes. This. I'm thinking hard about getting into a 2500 Duramax, and I know it's stupid, but the lighting situation bothers me. On my 1500 LTZ, the only non-LED I've found inside or out is in the 3rd brake light (also frustrating). Unless I'm wrong, I haven't seen the HD trucks with nearly that many stock LED on them, even in High Country/Denali... just surprises me that they made such a change for the '16 1500 but didn't do it for the big brother.

Could not agree more,

It is literally the only thing I hate about this truck.  I will update in time...  I bought this to tow my 5th wheel which is a pig... about 15k.  Just went a month ago and picked it up 300 miles away and was surprised how well the 6.0 handled the weight.  It did have a hard time shifting and holding 5th gear so I added a pro-charger which boosted the hp up about 175 which brings it to about 530 give or take. Now she shifts like a dream!!   I just didn't want a diesel.  This solved that problem.  Also my mileage went up... Go figure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, jerseytaylor said:

thats not an HID problem. thats could be a housing/projector issues. 

Someone already posted a TSB for the factory HID bouncing and flickering and GM stated it couldnt be fixed since its the flame (arc
) bouncing. It's annoying as hell. That's why I want to replace my headlights and fogs with some nice LEDs, but I have no idea where to buy from. I'd like a plug and play setup.

Edited by cdh027

18 hours ago, cdh027 said:

Someone already posted a TSB for the factory HID bouncing and flickering and GM stated it couldnt be fixed since its the flame (arc
) bouncing. It's annoying as hell. That's why I want to replace my headlights and fogs with some nice LEDs, but I have no idea where to buy from. I'd like a plug and play setup.

i replaced mine with 16-18 SLT/Denali 1500 LED assemblies. I'll be honest though, compared to a projector and HID, the output is subpar....but, the headlights look so much more modern now though so...lol

On 2/19/2019 at 2:15 PM, cdh027 said:

theretrofitsource.com

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 7:28 PM, cdh027 said:

I just want to put a set of matching LED's in my factory headlight and foglight housings. 

btw...to clarify...are you certain youre not confusing the "bouncing" cutoff line of light with what you think is them shaking? Not trying to insult your intelligence man but Ive seen situations in which people who werent familiar with a cutoff line thinking something was shaking and broken (these were people who were just used to old school reflector housings throwing light everywhere and not used to seeing a clean line of light projected ahead. Bumps and dips in the road will make the line "bounce"  

4 hours ago, jerseytaylor said:

btw...to clarify...are you certain youre not confusing the "bouncing" cutoff line of light with what you think is them shaking? Not trying to insult your intelligence man but Ive seen situations in which people who werent familiar with a cutoff line thinking something was shaking and broken (these were people who were just used to old school reflector housings throwing light everywhere and not used to seeing a clean line of light projected ahead. Bumps and dips in the road will make the line "bounce"  

Interesting point. I'll have to get back to you on that. The truck is in storage for the winter, so it may be a while.

1 hour ago, cdh027 said:

Interesting point. I'll have to get back to you on that. The truck is in storage for the winter, so it may be a while.

1 hour ago, cdh027 said:

this is an extreme example and for headlight junkies its to die-for lol, but the HID and projectors in our Sierras produce essentially the same effect. it may take a minute to get used to coming from a halogen bulb and reflector assembly, but it is a great thing to have as it truly is the light you need actually being where you need it- out in front and on the road. good luck man!

hp.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Just tried a set of LED's made by Heise. H11 low beams went in OK but 9005's were iffy fit on my 2015 1500.
Passenger side dust cover on high beam is a no go so I am pissed as I was told these are plug and play.
I'll check them out at night and see if rigging something is justified but may just go back to halogens for high beams as I have aux driving lights.
Still, pissed off that these manu's make shit that does not work. Heat sink is too long for cover to fit.

Crap. Avoid this brand.....

• Like 1

Just tried a set of LED's made by Heise. H11 low beams went in OK but 9005's were iffy fit on my 2015 1500.
Passenger side dust cover on high beam is a no go so I am pissed as I was told these are plug and play.
I'll check them out at night and see if rigging something is justified but may just go back to halogens for high beams as I have aux driving lights.
Still, pissed off that these manu's make shit that does not work. Heat sink is too long for cover to fit.

Crap. Avoid this brand.....

Get these AuxBeams.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JB8517F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_NsRVCbTPG2EQE

18 hours ago, kwOH said:

Wow. Very cool. They look almost the size as the originals! (Halogen)
Any idea on quality?  I will order some as that's a way the ones I got should be...

Wow. Very cool. They look almost the size as the originals! (Halogen)
Any idea on quality?  I will order some as that's a way the ones I got should be...

Quality is decent, just as good as anything else you can get for $50-$60.

13 hours ago, kwOH said:

Quality is decent, just as good as anything else you can get for $50-$60.

I'll try a set. The ones I got were $129 EACH.....and they don't fit on passenger side high beam. (9005)

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 2:18 PM, Delta Hotel said:

I'll try a set. The ones I got were $129 EACH.....and they don't fit on passenger side high beam. (9005)

Jeez thats expensive. You guys really need to give pure white HID's (4300-5000k) a shot. these LED bulbs will never put out the same output as they can.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 2:39 PM, jerseytaylor said:

Jeez thats expensive. You guys really need to give pure white HID's (4300-5000k) a shot. these LED bulbs will never put out the same output as they can.

They are. HID's are going away and LED's are the future. That said, I am not impressed with the output of these as they claim 6000 Lumens each and there's no way.
I have a two sets of Rigid auxillary lights, spots and floods and they're rated at 3500L's each and they smoke thses. No contest.