Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Time to get new tires on the all terrain love he look of the Nitto ridge grapplers. I have the stock all terrain 275/55r20 rims. 

 

When I go on Nitto.com it shows this size tire but when I enter in my truck it does not give me an option for that size.  

 

I also would like to know if I put a 2” leveling kit on front what is the largest tire I can get without rubbing. 

 

The dealership suggested getting Michelin LTX A2 but they do not look as aggressive as I would like.  I do not want to go Full MT only AT. 

24F01AAC-99AE-44F9-92B9-66A44F20B31C.jpeg

E87ABCF8-BA8C-4936-9E6B-2EBB1586396B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You will have to search by the size you want. They vehicle search is for stock manufacturers recommended sizes; it doesn’t allow for upgrades that were put on truck. 

 

I recently got the ridge grapplers and love them. Great look and quiet ride. 

C146F346-45D5-492B-AB92-6D63E5FDFF30.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jamesandrew4 said:

Time to get new tires on the all terrain love he look of the Nitto ridge grapplers. I have the stock all terrain 275/55r20 rims. 

 

When I go on Nitto.com it shows this size tire but when I enter in my truck it does not give me an option for that size.  

 

I also would like to know if I put a 2” leveling kit on front what is the largest tire I can get without rubbing. 

 

The dealership suggested getting Michelin LTX A2 but they do not look as aggressive as I would like.  I do not want to go Full MT only AT. 

24F01AAC-99AE-44F9-92B9-66A44F20B31C.jpeg

E87ABCF8-BA8C-4936-9E6B-2EBB1586396B.jpeg

Check out the Falken Wildpeak AT3W.  Great tires!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Jamesandrew4 said:

Time to get new tires on the all terrain love he look of the Nitto ridge grapplers. I have the stock all terrain 275/55r20 rims. 

 

When I go on Nitto.com it shows this size tire but when I enter in my truck it does not give me an option for that size.  

 

I also would like to know if I put a 2” leveling kit on front what is the largest tire I can get without rubbing. 

 

The dealership suggested getting Michelin LTX A2 but they do not look as aggressive as I would like.  I do not want to go Full MT only AT. 

I'm getting the 295 55 20 Ridge Grapplers put on in the next month or so. From all that I have researched and talked with tire shops. There is no rub and gives a wide stance that I'm wanting. These are the same height metrics as their 33s. But 295s measures at 32.72 x 12.17. This requires at minimum 2 inch lift. 

 

Other options that also require 2 inch lift and wont rub:
275 60 20

285 55 20

285 60 20

33 11.5 20

 

Stay with stock size if you do not want a lift. I would look into Cooper AT3s (XLT or 4s) or Faulken AT3w for the stock 275 55 20

Edited by JamesAT18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put 33" Cooper AT3s 275/60/20 before my front level and they only rubbed on full lock turning. With a 2" front level they still rub a bit but its just the inner fender lining.

Dont get stock size, just level the front and get 33"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I run the ridge grapplers and have for a little over 30,000 miles   they are great and still very quiet.  Ive got a 6" lift so I run 35" tires so can't help you with size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you, 

 

Maybe a dumb question but the 295/55/20

will fit my stock all terrain rim correct.

 

and when you say 2” lift you mean just a 2” leveling kit in the front and nothing in rear would work 

 

also do you have any pictures of these mounted i would like to see how wide of a stance it is. 

 

Do you anticipate a lot of road noise? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jamesandrew4 said:

Thank you, 

 

Maybe a dumb question but the 295/55/20

will fit my stock all terrain rim correct.

 

and when you say 2” lift you mean just a 2” leveling kit in the front and nothing in rear would work 

 

also do you have any pictures of these mounted i would like to see how wide of a stance it is. 

 

Do you anticipate a lot of road noise? 

Yup! All terrain wheel specs are 20X9 so they're plenty wide to support 295s and even up to 33x12.5s 

 

2" level kit meaning a spacer, strut, or coilover to raise the front and nothing is needed in the rear. 

 

Road noise is a given, but the tires that I have mentioned before AT3 4s, AT3w, Ridge Grapplers, all have great reviews stating low road noise. 

On 11/8/2017 at 11:42 PM, Clayton6499 said:

Rough country 2.5 lift and 285/60r20 nitto ridge grapplers. Love it

20171108_160046.jpg

 

On 12/19/2017 at 6:15 PM, Clayton6499 said:

At full lock it just barely rubs. And i mean barely.  I could probably do the zip tie trick to fix it bit its so minor I dont even bother. I like the way the truck rides more now too. Also nice not dragging the front air dam on anything taller than a paperclip

 

On 8/15/2018 at 2:56 PM, pewterliftedz said:

I ran a 305/55r20 Nitto Ridge Grappler on my factory wheels with a 2"leveling kit, and they rubbed on the sway bar while turning.  If I could do it again, I would have ordered 285/60r20 or 295/55r20, so that it wouldn't have rubbed at all.  Anything bigger will probably rub if you do any type of articulation while turning, such as going up a steep driveway.

THIS BELOW IS LARGER THAN A LEVEL AND BIGGER TIRES

On 7/16/2018 at 12:25 PM, AgDoctor said:


86d647a740db5904ebb338d5059a1b4d.jpg
I cut mine in half as well! I prefer it but both ways look good...that is off and halved, but not complete. Complete it looks like a ground effects kit



Sent via Morse code

Edited by JamesAT18
Added quotes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have an All Terrain also, and like it says above, I ran a 305/55r20 with the factory wheels and a 2.5" rough country lift.  It looked awesome, but it rubbed on the sway bar and upper control arm at full lock (The rubbing is caused by the stamped steel control arms, which I'm assuming your truck has).  I used 1/4" spacers up front to help the rubbing, but they didn't eliminate it; I was planning to order 1" BORA spacers, but unfortunately those wheels were stolen off my truck 1 night.

I now run a 10" wide wheel and a 295/55r20 with more lift.

 

Here are my 2 suggestion:  

1) I would run a 285/60r20 on the factory wheels with a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit, this will require you to run a small spacer so that you won't rub on the control arm.

2) Run a 285/55r20 or 275/60r20 at factory height. and you shouldn't have any rub.

 

I have a 2.5"  Rough Country kit for sale for a truck with stamped steel control arms, this kit comes with a 2" rear block to replace the factory 1.25".

I also have a pair of 1/4" spacer to help with rubbing up front

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have an All Terrain also, and like it says above, I ran a 305/55r20 with the factory wheels and a 2.5" rough country lift.  It looked awesome, but it rubbed on the sway bar and upper control arm at full lock (The rubbing is caused by the stamped steel control arms, which I'm assuming your truck has).  I used 1/4" spacers up front to help the rubbing, but they didn't eliminate it; I was planning to order 1" BORA spacers, but unfortunately those wheels were stolen off my truck 1 night.
I now run a 10" wide wheel and a 295/55r20 with more lift.
 
Here are my 2 suggestion:  
1) I would run a 285/60r20 on the factory wheels with a 2" or 2.5" leveling kit, this will require you to run a small spacer so that you won't rub on the control arm.
2) Run a 285/55r20 or 275/60r20 at factory height. and you shouldn't have any rub.
 
I have a 2.5"  Rough Country kit for sale for a truck with stamped steel control arms, this kit comes with a 2" rear block to replace the factory 1.25".
I also have a pair of 1/4" spacer to help with rubbing up front


Nope, The 275/60/20 will rub with the level as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Time to get new tires on the all terrain love he look of the Nitto ridge grapplers. I have the stock all terrain 275/55r20 rims. 
 
When I go on Nitto.com it shows this size tire but when I enter in my truck it does not give me an option for that size.  
 
I also would like to know if I put a 2” leveling kit on front what is the largest tire I can get without rubbing. 
 
The dealership suggested getting Michelin LTX A2 but they do not look as aggressive as I would like.  I do not want to go Full MT only AT. 
24F01AAC-99AE-44F9-92B9-66A44F20B31C.thumb.jpeg.da1754ff93696d07ee2d4f70af630ec2.jpeg
E87ABCF8-BA8C-4936-9E6B-2EBB1586396B.thumb.jpeg.93e712cb73427050d02679ed5023bd77.jpeg


I’ve had them all and yes, you’ll definitely get rubbing as soon as you do a level with even 275/60/20’s. I learned the hard way. I’ve got an 18,CC, SLT, 6.2, 4x4 Z71 with 20” wheels too. Got rubbing as soon as I did the 2.25” front and 1”rear billet aluminum level and added KO2’s 275/60/20’s which vibrates at high speeds. Immediately, got rid of them and bought new wheels and added Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20’s, still have stock UCA’s and running Bilstein 5100’s front and rear. The Ridge Grapplers are absolutely bad ass but ride slightly rougher than stock because of their high towing capacity at that size, running them between 33-35 lbs each.

a751ef24869243c079c8e39617cff0e4.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

 


Nope, The 275/60/20 will rub with the level as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

I know it will with a leveling kit, if you read what I posted it says 275/60 at factory height

 

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

 


I’ve had them all and yes, you’ll definitely get rubbing as soon as you do a level with even 275/60/20’s. I learned the hard way. I’ve got an 18,CC, SLT, 6.2, 4x4 Z71 with 20” wheels too. Got rubbing as soon as I did the 2.25” front and 1”rear billet aluminum level and added KO2’s 275/60/20’s which vibrates at high speeds. Immediately, got rid of them and bought new wheels and added Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20’s, still have stock UCA’s and running Bilstein 5100’s front and rear. The Ridge Grapplers are absolutely bad ass but ride slightly rougher than stock because of their high towing capacity at that size, running them between 33-35 lbs each.

a751ef24869243c079c8e39617cff0e4.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Are you running a 9" wide wheel?  What's the offset?

Edited by pewterliftedz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Double post please delete.

Edited by pewterliftedz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Are you running a 9" wide wheel?  What's the offset?

20x9 +1 offset and it sticks out approximately 1”, love it, looks awesome!

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TXGREEK said:


20x9 +1 offset


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the perfect size for these trucks IMO, and I kind of wish I went that route instead of the 10 wide.  but I just had to have the 4" lip lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.