Nitto Ridge Grappler

I just got a quote on that exact tire. Guy at the shop said with the factory wheel setup and my 2” level, it would rub. Thoughts? I really like the 285/60/20. But I am fearful that will rub as well...

If it’s not rubbing your UCA then I’d stick with a 275/60/20, that’s what I was running with a 2.25” level until I got +1 offset wheels which then allowed me to do the 285’s but rubbed on the front felt liner. Lifted my truck and the rest is history.

Sent from above
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

2018, CC, SLT, 6.2 Premium Package Z71, CST 4.5”, CST front coilovers and rear piggy back resi’s. Loving the 295/60/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

8963a743fbf5096c3d12aed0f08c7a22.jpg2891dbc39e38f33289ee5952bcc63713.jpgc36d6f8937501cc6b7d772097c5367d5.jpg
ac460e0fefc8947161b6294b26a23b8c.jpg

Sent from above

This is bada$$. I also got the 6.2 and love it. Question for you, how much of a performance loss did you notice? I don’t care that much about mpg, but I love the way it runs right now...

• Like 1

This is bada$$. I also got the 6.2 and love it. Question for you, how much of a performance loss did you notice? I don’t care that much about mpg, but I love the way it runs right now...

Thank you, I went with the CST lift cause it’s just a far more superior built second to none in craftsmanship and doesn’t widen my track width or my turning radius also is made in the USA by a professional off-road company. Just being a 6.2, the loss of power was barely affected but then again you don’t do all this and continue gunning it. Because of the larger tires, I needed to update with a programmer and for $100 more from a regular programmer I decided to go with SuperChips F5 performance programmer which adjusted my computer for tire size as well as is very noticeable increase in get up and go when needed. Before programmer approx 18mpg, with programmer mpg’s are approx 20 @ 75 mph. Just adding bigger tires will affect your braking and acceleration but is minimal and performance is barely affected due to the SuperChips which takes about two minutes to put back stock before servicing.

In all honesty, I don’t race it or punch it, what’s the point? It’s now a toy and constantly gets attention and lots of “Who did your lift?” “Looks bada$$”. Let me know if you’re interested in a lift, I’ve done extensive research and CST is just a phenomenal company. Btw, I went over a big dip a 45mph that normally would make you bounce and instead, just glided over.

https://cstsuspension.com/

Sent from above

3 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Thank you, I went with the CST lift cause it’s just a far more superior built second to none in craftsmanship and doesn’t widen my track width or my turning radius also is made in the USA by a professional off-road company. Just being a 6.2, the loss of power was barely affected but then again you don’t do all this and continue gunning it. Because of the larger tires, I needed to update with a programmer and for $100 more from a regular programmer I decided to go with SuperChips F5 performance programmer which adjusted my computer for tire size as well as is very noticeable increase in get up and go when needed. Before programmer approx 18mpg, with programmer mpg’s are approx 20 @ 75 mph. Just adding bigger tires will affect your braking and acceleration but is minimal and performance is barely affected due to the SuperChips which takes about two minutes to put back stock before servicing.

In all honesty, I don’t race it or punch it, what’s the point? It’s now a toy and constantly gets attention and lots of “Who did your lift?” “Looks bada$$”. Let me know if you’re interested in a lift, I’ve done extensive research and CST is just a phenomenal company. Btw, I went over a big dip a 45mph that normally would make you bounce and instead, just glided over.

Sent from above

Appreciate the input.

Definitely will take a look!

• Like 1

Appreciate the input.

Definitely will take a look!

The prices on the website are msrp pricing, you can find the kits cheaper like at performancelifts.com Good luck [emoji1303]

Sent from above

Phew! Was just looking. Gotta pay to play I guess...

By the best, Cry once. Buy cheaper and cry lots throughout your lift ownership. Drives just like stock. It’s approximately 1600-1700 plus install. Let’s you use your stock setup.

Sent from above

16 hours ago, tsouthar91 said:

I just got a quote on that exact tire. Guy at the shop said with the factory wheel setup and my 2” level, it would rub. Thoughts? I really like the 285/60/20. But I am fearful that will rub as well...

I think the 285/60 will rub because they are 33.5" for height. I think anything of 33" will rub. I think 295/55 is the biggest you can go without rubbing. I've seen a couple people go 305/55 and rub a little bit.

1 hour ago, TXGREEK said:

Sent from above

Did the Superchip deactivate v4 mode as well? I need to get some sort of tune to get my truck adjusted to the new rims and tires as well, but I want to get something that will disable v4 mode at the same time. I am between doing a chip or getting a tuner 

10 minutes ago, MitchellSehi said:

Did the Superchip deactivate v4 mode as well? I need to get some sort of tune to get my truck adjusted to the new rims and tires as well, but I want to get something that will disable v4 mode at the same time. I am between doing a chip or getting a tuner 

going with a custom tune such as EFI Live or HP Tuners will net you better results without question, but it all comes down to personal preference. the "canned tunes" like super chips, hypertech, diablosport, and so on are just generic tunes.

Getting a tune is more likely a permanent thing which being a newer truck I’d recommend programmer and yes, it gives you that option as well.

Sent from above