Nitto Ridge Grappler

21 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Getting a tune is more likely a permanent thing which being a newer truck I’d recommend programmer and yes, it gives you that option as well.

Sent from above

you can install and uninstall a custom tune just as easily as a canned tune via autocal, diablosport, or other means......do some research. however any tune will leave a footprint

you can install and uninstall a custom tune just as easily as a canned tune via autocal, diablosport, or other means......do some research. however any tune will leave a footprint

Not doubting you but I called SuperChips while at the store and had the salesman speak to tech support, asking if there’s a foot print when disabled and he said no. Last month I had my electrical checked out for the 2018 CC SLT 6.2 and though I disabled the tune they ran a full diagnostics and never found any foot prints. Note: they weren’t looking for one but I’m sure something would’ve popped up.

Sent from above

5 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

Not doubting you but I called SuperChips while at the store and had the salesman speak to tech support, asking if there’s a foot print when disabled and he said no. Last month I had my electrical checked out for the 2018 CC SLT 6.2 and though I disabled the tune they ran a full diagnostics and never found any foot prints. Note: they weren’t looking for one but I’m sure something would’ve popped up.

Sent from above

the ecm's have flash counters in them so every time it's flashed it's noted. if the dealer has flashed the truck 4 times and they see 6 flashes then they can assume it's been tuned and un-tuned. if your electrical wasn't in any relation to a tune that may be why they never said anything. they may not have even realized it had they not checked how many times they have (if ever) flashed your vehicle. 

Edited by jimmyboy8301
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 10/11/2018 at 7:49 AM, TXGREEK said:

I’ve had them all and yes, you’ll definitely get rubbing as soon as you do a level with even 275/60/20’s. I learned the hard way. I’ve got an 18,CC, SLT, 6.2, 4x4 Z71 with 20” wheels too. Got rubbing as soon as I did the 2.25” front and 1”rear billet aluminum level and added KO2’s 275/60/20’s which vibrates at high speeds. Immediately, got rid of them and bought new wheels and added Nitto Ridge Grapplers 285/60/20’s, still have stock UCA’s and running Bilstein 5100’s front and rear. The Ridge Grapplers are absolutely bad ass but ride slightly rougher than stock because of their high towing capacity at that size, running them between 33-35 lbs each.

a751ef24869243c079c8e39617cff0e4.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 Crew Cab. I 'm going to put on the Bilstein 5100's which will level the truck as well. Then I wan to run the Ridge Grapplers on the factory 20" wheels. What tire size would you recommend running will little to no rubbing? 285/60/R20?

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/bilstein-2-5100-series-struts-2-5100-series-shocks-for-most-lifted-trucks-shockingbil5100w-frtstrut/_/R-BBGL-SHOCKINGBIL5100W-FRTSTRUT

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 Crew Cab. I 'm going to put on the Bilstein 5100's which will level the truck as well. Then I wan to run the Ridge Grapplers on the factory 20" wheels. What tire size would you recommend running will little to no rubbing? 285/60/R20?

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/bilstein-2-5100-series-struts-2-5100-series-shocks-for-most-lifted-trucks-shockingbil5100w-frtstrut/_/R-BBGL-SHOCKINGBIL5100W-FRTSTRUT

No, 275/60/20. Nitto Ridge Grapplers are larger than most tires. I had a 2.25” level up front on my 18 and it slightly rubbed with just 275/60/20’s. You’ll get some that say it still works but that mostly BS. IMHO, 275/60/20 will be the max and safest size with a 1.75” Bilstein height. I believe the 275/60/20’s rubbed on mine cause it was a slightly taller leveled height causing the uca’s to rub but you should be safe with the Bilstein height at its tallest.

Sent from Above