Trigger man

I got the rear bumper on and smoked the factory tail lights. I accidentally used a 2500 step pad, which has an extra tall lip at the top for the additional height of the frame. I got it new in the box from another tech at work. After spending so much time somewhat smoothing it out, I decided to leave it on and try to trim the inside of it to eliminate the interference with the tailgate. I really like the tighter gap so I hope I can work it out. BTW I ordered a pair of LED bulbs for the tail lights from prime. But when I got them they didn't lock in the socket so I sent em back. Does anyone have a link to some LEDs they have used that fit correctly? da52e078efaa9332e30af082a56e1306.jpg25a6d2a3734ac86bad5ea23248985a8f.jpgd61ff62ce5505f4d36bd1e0218fc1f10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Trigger man said:

I got the rear bumper on and smoked the factory tail lights. I accidentally used a 2500 step pad, which has an extra tall lip at the top for the additional height of the frame. I got it new in the box from another tech at work. After spending so much time somewhat smoothing it out, I decided to leave it on and try to trim the inside of it to eliminate the interference with the tailgate. I really like the tighter gap so I hope I can work it out. BTW I ordered a pair of LED bulbs for the tail lights from prime. But when I got them they didn't lock in the socket so I sent em back. Does anyone have a link to some LEDs they have used that fit correctly? da52e078efaa9332e30af082a56e1306.jpg25a6d2a3734ac86bad5ea23248985a8f.jpgd61ff62ce5505f4d36bd1e0218fc1f10.jpg

Can you get a better close up of the hd pad at a few angles? I thought of switching that out

3 minutes ago, Nasty said:

Can you get a better close up of the hd pad at a few angles? I thought of switching that out

I sure will, it may be harder than I thought to get it to clear the tail gate. Right now I have the gate locked so no one will open it and rub a spot on the edge of the gate.

7 hours ago, Nasty said:

How close is it with the tailgate opened?

It's got plenty of gap open. The problem is halfway open it rubs the bottom edge of the gate against the pad. It doesn't rub the pad were you see it, it's back in the jam where the pad drops down for clearance. It would still function but I got to figure out some way to clearance it.

2 minutes ago, Trigger man said:

It's got plenty of gap open. The problem is halfway open it rubs the bottom edge of the gate against the pad. It doesn't rub the pad were you see it, it's back in the jam where the pad drops down for clearance. It would still function but I got to figure out some way to clearance it.

If you dont see the areait rubs. Why not trim that off.

54 minutes ago, Red Rally 2 said:

You are really making quick work of this project. I’m enjoying being along for the ride. It looks great!

Thanks man, I really had a lot of it done before I started the thread , but didn't have time to post till now. I normally work a lot of hours. 

1 minute ago, Trigger man said:

That's what i'm contemplating doing. I like the look enough to make it work. 

If you make it work. Id like the part number for that top pad. I like it gets that gap tighter

I would go over every rocker and check the torque specs. 
Did I miss something? How much boost you going to run?
also don't waste your time with E85 unless your 
1- low boost and still want it
2- upgrading fuel system to 6.2/lt1 or better
3-cam increase fuel %32 or better with spring cap (I see the BTR stage 1, but don't know the specs)
It is cheap to upgrade but you have less power per mass. Meth would be better cost and power but there are mixed opinions on meth over the the supercharger rotors. 
I had already thought of a standby so I obtained a complete motor from work. It has a small scratch in one cylinder but will hone out. Hope I don't have to use it but if I do it's getting some forged rods.6bc7bb2a60ea527995c3411f43a1ab02.jpg

• Like 1

If you make it work. Id like the part number for that top pad. I like it gets that gap tighter
Will do. I really like that splitter man, is it glass or carbon?

2 minutes ago, Trigger man said:

Will do. I really like that splitter man, is it glass or carbon?

Aluminum.  I told him there might be other interest in it. Since its a one off. So if you want let me know ill have hin make 2