2008 Escalade L92 Blackbear tune

Whats up everyone im new to this forum but not new to gm product and car i have been building HP and Hot Rod cars and trucks for over 20 years.  

With that being said i know my cars and equipment.

HAS ANYONE here had a successful TSP vvt cam tuned by Black Bear?  i have had nothing but problems with them and the tune and have heard every excuse as to the problems under the sun.  

My platform is an 08 Escalade 2wd with bolt ons and a TSP VVT-1 cam and they can not for the life of them get it to run worth a damn and have blamed it on the engine( which is BRANDNEW) the CAM (also NEW) and the latest is the cam phaser (NEW) with the limiter by comp cams installed saying the phaser was assembled wrong.  it has been since may since this whole DEBACLE has started and if i had know the tuner was moving out of CA (my shops location) i probably would have gone a different route.

So i would like to know if anyone has a successful VVT ONLY no dod no non vvt nothing else L92 tune done PLEASE.

Thank you in advance!! 

• 4 weeks later...

i'd look up a local shop.  i have a cam in my escalade and it runs awesome.  i saw another post from someone in cali and they recommended a few shops.  can't remember the names or if they are close to you.  look up vengenance racing in Atlanta.  they specialize in this area and can probably get you set up without you actually having to go to them.  they may be a little more expensive but they tuned my brothers vette and it ran awesome too.