Check Out This Image Of the Colorado ZR2 Bison's "Under-Armor"

Gorehamj

Bison skidplates.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
10-16-2018

Matt Felderman of American Expedition Vehicles posted an upskirt shot of the new Bison today (at the Facebook Colorado Owner's Club) that illustrates the full skidplate treatment the vehicle receives as standard equipment. Matt says, "Everything you see is stock, with the exception of the trans skid which we will be offering separately." Coupled with the rock sliders every ZR2 has, the Bison now seems pretty well protected from off-road abuse. For more details on the Bison, check out our full overview.

2 minutes ago, Sierra Dan said:

This armor is what a factory Silverado/Sierra Z71/X31 package should come with! 

Based on how many Z71s I see driving around town with the low hanging air dam and side steps, I don't think most buyers need that level of under body protection.  But, for those that do, high quality GM Accessory skid plates could be a nice offering. 

Edited by rkj__
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I took a peek under a 2019 Silverado "Trail Boss" with the 2" lift kit & offroad/mud tires & it had a skid shield under certain parts of the engine & transfer case but there's nothing under the plastic fuel tank hanging right out in the open waiting for any kind of rock or tree stump to drain it quicker than a 454 in a mid 70's dually.