Wheel Spacer?

1 hour ago, FORGIVEN06 said:

1 1/4” spacer need any stud trimming? And I didn’t catch which brand you went with? Nice truck! Perfect stance IMO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The studs did NOT need any trimming.  There are pockets in the back of the week that the studs fit into.  However I wouldn't go any smaller that 1 1/4" spacers if someone is not wanting trim the studs.  

As for brand, these are by G2 Axle & Gear. Got 'em at Summit Racing, but was told by a sales guy at 4Wheel Parts that these are made by the same manuf. that makes the Bora Spacers.  If that's true I don't really know as that was from a  "sales" guy & who knows if he's right or not.  I will say that are very well made billet aluminum spacers with very similar design to Bora.  They were also the only quality spacer that I could find locally.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

According to BDS on their 6" lift it's 1.5" track width each side, not 1.75". Unless the info I got from the BDS rep was wrong, in which case please link to confirmation on 1.75" so I can order the right size.

BDS and most other lifts increase the track width 1.5" per side, however the front track width is .25" wider per side stock. the total being 1.75"

26 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

BDS and most other lifts increase the track width 1.5" per side, however the front track width is .25" wider per side stock. the total being 1.75"

Oh no kidding. I hadn't read that before. Where does that info come from, did you measure or is it listed somewhere?

50 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

Oh no kidding. I hadn't read that before. Where does that info come from, did you measure or is it listed somewhere?

i measured, plus i also read it several places.  if you google the specs on the silverado you'll find the front track width is wider

On 1/22/2019 at 4:24 PM, FORGIVEN06 said:

Anyone know how long the factory studs stick out on 14 Sierra?

From memory they are 1 1/2" or 1 5/8", I'm fairly certain that to completely cover the studs a 1 3/4" spacer is needed. That said, as others have noted, some wheels have pocket space for the end of the studs even if the spacer doesn't completely cover them.

First pic is before wheel spacers. Doesn't look like much at all in a picture, but I knew it was there and it bugged the heck out of me.
2nd pic is the only one I can find right down the track, and that's not even why I took that picture (haha). 1 3/4" spacer evens them out nicely with the BDS lift.

IMG_0096a.jpg

1012181530.jpg

• Like 1

Yah my friend it’s got to be that you know it’s there so you want to change it because no one can tell any difference by just looking. Like I was saying to JimmyBoy unless I REALLY look for it you would never know.  I just had a chance to wash the truck the other day after the rain and I asked my ol lady and two of my buddies that were over at the house to look at the truck and told them what they were looking for and none of them could tell the difference.  My buddy Will said it might be because I have Toyo M/T’s  and they’re nubby as hell so you’re I can’t really fix on it like if it was an A/Ttire. These were the best angles I could get to show the biggest difference in track width and you can still barely tell and I was trying to show it.

5E46A1F5-A949-454E-AFE8-D171CCC00A4E.jpeg

A5700C1B-5175-442C-9676-0B809F505EEF.jpeg

Edited by CovetedStyle

Yah my friend it’s got to be that you know it’s there so you want to change it because no one can tell any difference by just looking. Like I was saying to JimmyBoy unless I REALLY look for it you would never know.  I just had a chance to wash the truck the other day after the rain and I asked my ol lady and two of my buddies that were over at the house to look at the truck and told them what they were looking for and none of them could tell the difference.  My buddy Will said it might be because I have Toyo M/T’s  and they’re nubby as hell so you’re I can’t really fix on it like if it was an A/Ttire. These were the best angles I could get to show the biggest difference in track width and you can still barely tell and I was trying to show it.
5E46A1F5-A949-454E-AFE8-D171CCC00A4E.thumb.jpeg.4940ac6f14c362bde8b8df61383fccba.jpeg
A5700C1B-5175-442C-9676-0B809F505EEF.thumb.jpeg.0fa43432f7c1a1f48edceecad28c7fcc.jpeg

It’s pretty noticeable from the head on pic to me lol

7 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

It’s pretty noticeable from the head on pic to me lol

Yah brother I see it, it’s just not something that jumped out at me until I tried to get a picture of it.  I just hear some guys say you have to get wheel spacers the truck looks f’d without them and I’m just saying in my opinion it’s not that big of a deal to where I think people are going to notice it driving down the street.  I know you said you had pretty good success with yours so I might look into getting some I’ve just seen all the horror stories that everybody else has with wheel spacers letting go and seeing your wheels passed you on the freeway Lol