Strange infotainment issues

26 minutes ago, DougFL said:

What do you mean by " rewind the radio" ?

on the 2014 I had you could pause and or reverse/rewind/replay the radio. Listen to something that previously played or pause what is playing. My wife's Tahoe will do the same thing.

• 5 months later...

New to this forum and just purchased a 2019 HC dealing with the same issue of No notification of text messages while connected to myChevrolet bluetooth.  Are you able to receive notification of incoming text? I called Onstar about the messages APP you mentioned and they said it has been removed permanently. They tell me the only way to receive text notoification is through Apple car play which was not the answer I wanted. I don’t want to have to plug up my phone.  The dealer has no clue either on what to do.  Any updates or information would be appreciated.  

I will say I connected the keypad entry system yesterday which is fantastic. Works just like Ford’s keypad system.  

47 minutes ago, Shiimano1999 said:

New to this forum and just purchased a 2019 HC dealing with the same issue of No notification of text messages while connected to myChevrolet bluetooth.  Are you able to receive notification of incoming text? I called Onstar about the messages APP you mentioned and they said it has been removed permanently. They tell me the only way to receive text notoification is through Apple car play which was not the answer I wanted. I don’t want to have to plug up my phone.  The dealer has no clue either on what to do.  Any updates or information would be appreciated.  

I will say I connected the keypad entry system yesterday which is fantastic. Works just like Ford’s keypad system.  

Yes GM pulled the App in Feb 2019 and it should not be on any new vehicles. That being said, some of the owners have managed to get GM to place the App back on but it looks like GM looks at it on a case by case to determine if the request should be honored. Usually Onstar has no idea about the Message App and usually leaves the owner hanging. At least they are telling the someone that it has been removed. The only way I got it back was to write to an executive at GM HQ.

17 minutes ago, Rocz3cqg said:

Yes GM pulled the App in Feb 2019 and it should not be on any new vehicles. That being said, some of the owners have managed to get GM to place the App back on but it looks like GM looks at it on a case by case to determine if the request should be honored. Usually Onstar has no idea about the Message App and usually leaves the owner hanging. At least they are telling the someone that it has been removed. The only way I got it back was to write to an executive at GM HQ.

Did you email or use snail mail when you wrote to the executive at GM HQ?  Can you provide contact info?  You can PM information if you prefer. 

2 hours ago, DougFL said:

Did you email or use snail mail when you wrote to the executive at GM HQ?  Can you provide contact info?  You can PM information if you prefer. 

PM sent

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Frank R said:

I'd also like to write an email to GMC about my 2019 Canyon and the inability to receive text messages via Bluetooth.  I'd like to request that Messages app be made available to me.

Contact the Chevrolet Executive Resolution Team,  ([email protected]) and request it be restored.  The Messages App is no longer supported, but it can be temporally restored to your App folder so you can re-download it to your profile.  Once in a profile it is suppose to remain.

I emailed the execreferral team on 4\23 and received a phone call on 4\25. The representative I spoke with understood the  issue and  and was surprised as well that the notification option was no longer available though Bluetooth on the 2019’s.  She is elevating up to determine if there is an update being considered and also checking to see about a one time download of the messaging App.  I hoenestly don’t even know what the App does? Not sure if it is integrated with Bluetooth and it may also use up data or require that WiFi be used? I told the representative that regardless ... every automobile manufacturer out there has a sophisticated messaging system that works though Bluetooth and that Apple Car Play or Android Car Play was not a good solution. She agreed and  is communicating back to me the week of 4\29\19. 

• Like 1

I talked to the execreferral team and they said they would call me back. so after week I called them. Same old answer we will call you back. We don't know anything about any message app. I am about to get so mad I may sale and buy a ford. 

1 hour ago, Clay00024 said:

I talked to the execreferral team and they said they would call me back. so after week I called them. Same old answer we will call you back. We don't know anything about any message app. I am about to get so mad I may sale and buy a ford. 

I am surprised!  My contact with them was very responsive and I was assigned a Case number.  Also, I had the Messages App back on my Truck within a week.

I was impressed with the quick response as well but am not confident in a resolution. I have a case number and they were supposed to call me back yesterday.  Given your success would you consider sharing your case number so I can reference that to them as an example of a resolved issue? That may be too intrusive so no worries if not.  I am just not confident they understand the importance of this.  The dealer I deal with is a close friend of mine from HS and I was telling him yesterday that he needs to elevate this at his next GM or Chevrolet dealer meeting. He agreed.  As an example, my Daughter bought a Toyota yesterday and I was impressed with the sofisticated Bluetooth messaging system the car had..... and yes it had Apple Car Play as well. 

• Like 1

They didn't give  me a case number. I asked for one but never got it. I also canceled my order for a new Blazer. Not going to buy a gm again till they fix this problem. I would like to know your case number if they get yours fixed.

• Like 1