6 inch or 4.5

4 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

I have that EXACT setup.  The fronts will stick out an additional 1.5" over stock.  it looks perfect to me and absolutely no trimming of anything was required.  Throw some 1.5" BORA spacers on the rear and you're golden.

Awesome. 1.5" is completely fine with me. Of course it's all personal opinion, but sticking out a little gives it a good combo of clean and aggressive. Nice truck by the way! 

Thanks for the replies guys. I've been lurking the past few days but have been unable to respond. I have had the craziest time figuring out how to get a 6.5" Zone to work with stock tires, 35x12.5 and these stamped steel arms without having the tires stick out a mile. I don't mind a little, but I like a tighter/cleaner look. Seems like this could be solved with aftermarket UCAs? 

Aftermarket UCAs will solve that

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

28 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Aftermarket UCAs will solve that

How are aftermarket UCAs going to affect the amount the wheels stick out?  As I stated in another thread, UCAs pivot up and down as the suspension articulates.  They don't significantly affect ride quality and they don't affect the amount the wheels stick out (provided they are stock-equivalent replacements and not wide or extended travel; which would require more than just UCAs to accomplish).

Edited by lapoolboy

How are aftermarket UCAs going to affect the amount the wheels stick out?  As I stated in another thread, UCAs pivot up and down as the suspension articulates.  They don't significantly affect ride quality and the don't affect the amount the wheels stick out (provided they are stock-equivalent replacements and not wide or extended travel; which would require more than just UCAs to accomplish).

It won’t solve the tires sticking out 1.5” more obviously, but it will solve the tires rubbing on the UCA and allow him to run a stock wheel with x12.5” tires which will tuck the tire in more

Instagram @wildchevys

Oh ok.  I don't see where he was complaining of tires rubbing....I just read it as he was concerned about the wheels sticking out too far.

If he tries to run x12.5 tires on stock wheels with SS UCAs he’ll most likely rub. If he swaps out the UCAs he will be fine and benefit from the “thinner” track width of stock wheels

Instagram @wildchevys

3 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

If he tries to run x12.5 tires on stock wheels with SS UCAs he’ll most likely rub. If he swaps out the UCAs he will be fine and benefit from the “thinner” track width of stock wheels

Of course, not all 12.5" tires are created equal and some brands/models in the same size may rub where others don't.  I am running Toyo Open Country R/T for reference.

Of course, not all 12.5" tires are created equal and some brands/models in the same size may rub where others don't.  I am running Toyo Open Country R/T for reference.

I rubbed with 305/55/20 AT2s and had to switch from stockers to cheap shitty chrome wheels for winter beaters

Instagram @wildchevys

14 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

Oh ok.  I don't see where he was complaining of tires rubbing....I just read it as he was concerned about the wheels sticking out too far.

I'm running stock wheels with 12.5" wide tires and have no issues rubbing my stamped UCAs.

Sorry for the confusion. I was worried about running the Zone/BDS kit with the stock UCAs (stamped steel) and stock wheels. Basically, I didn't want to sacrifice the look I'm wanting by having to space the wheels out too far (more than 1"-1.5"). I guess it's the engineer in me, but I'm as anal about angles and symmetry as anyone could be. I wish I could turn it off, but that's the way the good Lord made me. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

@lapoolboy Did you have to trim the stock bolts or did the 1.5" spacer cover them?

@Bama08 I hunt mostly deer but if I'm out and see a rafter I'll tag em. I'm also looking at getting into duck this year, although at this point it may have to wait till next year.

I have never been much of a duck hunter but most of my buddies are. I grew up in a bow hunting club so that has always been my passion. Whitetail and Thunder Chickens with my good ole recurve bow. 

33 minutes ago, Bama08 said:

I have never been much of a duck hunter but most of my buddies are. I grew up in a bow hunting club so that has always been my passion. Whitetail and Thunder Chickens with my good ole recurve bow. 

Recurve is no joke. I'm only shooting a compound.

2 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

Recurve is no joke. I'm only shooting a compound.

They're fun to shoot and all I've ever hunted with. Anything with a string is tougher though. Getting shot opportunities is 90% of it. 

3 hours ago, Bama08 said:

They're fun to shoot and all I've ever hunted with. Anything with a string is tougher though. Getting shot opportunities is 90% of it. 

Aint that the truth. They hear and smell you far more often than it would matter what you're carrying anyway.

4 minutes ago, Penguin VII said:

Aint that the truth. They hear and smell you far more often than it would matter what you're carrying anyway.

No doubt. I don't know how they are in your neck of the woods, but ours walk around looking up in the tree.