Ford F-150 and Silverado not present as Ram Sweeps Texas Truck Showdown

I have a few family members who drive Rams. I spend lots of time riding in them. The mileage runs from newer to 200K miles. Most repeat buyers, no complaints among them. They have exhaust sound nailed, and ride like a car. GM needs to notice the engine and rear end options that Ram offers across the board. GM could soon be number 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GM and Ford trucks have and are still taking their products for granted even in todays competitive market.

They are both fast asleep at the wheel when it comes to market advertising. RAM however is not.

They have been on the gas since the Super Bowl commercials aired.

Still NO 2019 Silverado or Sierra Commercial out and trucks are being sold on lots.

Makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE other than Ego and resting on laurels that plenty of trucks will sell to "loyal" brand owners.

What they miss is the fact that "independent" potential new truck buyers research every brand and are leaning towards RAM.

• Like 2

Ford is safe, GM not so much. I've been GM loyal since 1986,  I am however open to doing the best for "ME" and I will definitely review the Ram in the near future. Ram does have the whole package. It is worth looking into. Owner reviews and input are very important, now, and a few months into their ownership of a 2019 model.  I'll set up  the ram threads on TapaTalk and be a fly on the wall.

GM and Ford trucks have and are still taking their products for granted even in todays competitive market.
They are both fast asleep at the wheel when it comes to market advertising. RAM however is not.
They have been on the gas since the Super Bowl commercials aired.
Still NO 2019 Silverado or Sierra Commercial out and trucks are being sold on lots.
Makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE other than Ego and resting on laurels that plenty of trucks will sell to "loyal" brand owners.
What they miss is the fact that "independent" potential new truck buyers research every brand and are leaning towards RAM.

GM has two problems to contend with:
1. Lots of unsold 2018 inventory
2. Supply pipeline for 2019 models is still thin compared to expected sales volume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know a little about selling and competition. Years ago my family brought a environmental friendly way of doing land clearing. With in a decade competition started flowing in from overseas. Sounds like Honda and the eighties, doesn’t it. Did we panic? No we used their ideas to make ours better. And became OEMs for their product and sold theirs too. It almost made us grow to fast. Once again GM is ignoring the wants of their buyers. Someone else isn’t. Someone else is building rear drive family performance cars. Impala rear drive was my family car, now it’s Genesis. Some people say the 6.2 should be reserved for up models, Ram doesn’t. Seems to me GM thinking like the 80s again. I’m reminded of a company that went bankrupt this week. The original mail order company. Sears. I wonder if the person who came up with the idea to drop that mail order part of Sears is still around today. Wonder if he heard of Amazon?

In the last year, I've had three friends (people I know) buy/lease new 2018 Rams, another bought a used old style Raptor.  It's hard to beat the price on a Ram.  Crew cab with std 390hp V8 in a cloth seated truck.  And my brother purchased a 2017 Tundra.    I guess I'm the only dumby that bought/leased a new Chevy. 

Edited by SILVER SLED

58 minutes ago, SILVER SLED said:

In the last year, I've had three friends (people I know) buy/lease new 2018 Rams, another bought a used old style Raptor.  It's hard to beat the price on a Ram.  Crew cab with std 390hp V8 in a cloth seated truck.  And my brother purchased a 2017 Tundra.    I guess I'm the only dumby that bought/leased a new Chevy. 

Regardless of price where will the reliability of the RAM and Tundra be 5-10 years from now?

Aside from Price this is another debate to the Brands.

FCA is not known for their reliability. Toyota, more so.....

Someone else is building rear drive family performance cars. Impala rear drive was my family car, now it’s Genesis. Some people say the 6.2 should be reserved for up models, Ram doesn’t. Seems to me GM thinking like the 80s again. I’m reminded of a company that went bankrupt this week.

I agree with what you’re saying. But getting out of the sedan business, RWD or otherwise, ain’t the greatest example.

People don’t want cars or sedans, RWD or otherwise.

Genesis has been a disaster for Hyundai, because they got caught win the wrong side of the cars/trucks (SUV) model mix.

No carmaker can survive on the volume Genesis sells. It’s a money-losing proposition.

I agree with what you’re saying. But getting out of the sedan business, RWD or otherwise, ain’t the greatest example.

People don’t want cars or sedans, RWD or otherwise.

Genesis has been a disaster for Hyundai, because they got caught win the wrong side of the cars/trucks (SUV) model mix.

No carmaker can survive on the volume Genesis sells. It’s a money-losing proposition.

Are you kidding, they just came out with 3 new models. Their other brand Kia, came out with the Stinger. It just won car of the year. Hyundai has two of the top ten selling cars. I’ll let you in on a little secret. The 94-96 Chevy Impala was the hottest selling Impala ever. They converted that plant to build trucks. Not because it didn’t sell well, there’s more of a mark up in trucks. People are foolish enough to over pay for them. Do you really think that when they knock off 20-25 percent during truck month their not making a profit? The Genesis went from one model to 3. They must like losing money.

Are you kidding, they just came out with 3 new models. Their other brand Kia, came out with the Stinger. It just won car of the year. Hyundai has two of the top ten selling cars. I’ll let you in on a little secret. The 94-96 Chevy Impala was the hottest selling Impala ever. They converted that plant to build trucks. Not because it didn’t sell well, there’s more of a mark up in trucks. People are foolish enough to over pay for them. Do you really think that when they knock off 20-25 percent during truck month their not making a profit? The Genesis went from one model to 3. They must like losing money.

Separating Genesis from Hyundai and Kia...it’s absolutely been a disaster.

Sales are down 75% year over year. And their in-segment share was never strong to begin with.

Separating Genesis from Hyundai and Kia...it’s absolutely been a disaster.

Sales are down 75% year over year. And their in-segment share was never strong to begin with.

They came out with their most expensive model first 75K no way. The next one is around 50K, no to that one either. The G70 starts at 33K that will sell. All the auto mag says they nailed it on that one. Even the G-80 is a good buy if your looking for a bargain performance sedan. I would only buy that one as a CPO. Where as the Kia stinger or the G-70 could replace my Genesis in the next couple of years.

They came out with their most expensive model first 75K no way. The next one is around 50K, no to that one either. The G70 starts at 33K that will sell. All the auto mag says they nailed it on that one. Even the G-80 is a good buy if your looking for a bargain performance sedan. I would only buy that one as a CPO. Where as the Kia stinger or the G-70 could replace my Genesis in the next couple of years.

I’m definitely in agreement that they make some nice cars [emoji106]

The problem thus far, has been converting awards and accolades into sales.

BMW and Hyundai are the only volume MFRs still selling more cars than trucks. But it’s shifting even for them.

Hyundai Motor (across all brands) has 8 trucks (SUVs) coming within the next 18 months.

People just don’t want cars anymore. The consumer car/truck model mix in the US has historically been close to 50/50.

But starting about 5 years ago, things began to shift toward trucks/SUVs.

We’re close to 2:1 favoring trucks now.

With over 70% of new vehicle introductions thru 2022 being trucks, there’s no sign of things slowing down.

This year is on pace to be the worst sales year for cars in 60 years...everyone wants trucks.

I’m definitely in agreement that they make some nice cars [emoji106]

The problem thus far, has been converting awards and accolades into sales.

BMW and Hyundai are the only volume MFRs still selling more cars than trucks. But it’s shifting even for them.

Hyundai Motor (across all brands) has 8 trucks (SUVs) coming within the next 18 months.

People just don’t want cars anymore. The consumer car/truck model mix in the US has historically been close to 50/50.

But starting about 5 years ago, things began to shift toward trucks/SUVs.

We’re close to 2:1 favoring trucks now.

With over 70% of new vehicle introductions thru 2022 being trucks, there’s no sign of things slowing down.

This year is on pace to be the worst sales year for cars in 60 years...everyone wants trucks.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Ford gets out. I have a truck for limited use. Spent many miles in the seat of one. In long distance driving I prefer a car. Trucks was always be associated with work for me.

• Like 1