Hello yall, it's been great reading up and contributing here but I'm out of the GM game.. :)  I went and got me a Tundra.  I just needed a crew cab and felt my extended cab wasn't going to serve my family well - too crowded.  

I'll miss some nice features that the Silverado had but at the same time.. I got a really good deal on my Tundra (higher trim than my Silverado ever was).

ScreenShot_Image_2018-19-10_10-26-38.png

ScreenShot_Image_2018-19-10_10-26-31.png

Congrats on the new truck man. I really wanted to like the new Tundra but felt like for the money the GMs were just a much better value. When I test drove the Tundra it just felt cheap which is odd considering how much the things cost. That and their over use of the cheap plastic killed me.

• Like 1

I was contemplating getting a new Tundra to replace my totaled '15 Silverado, but I didn't like the way the cabs were set up, for what I wanted.  Couldn't find a cab configuration to accommodate my CB and scanner.  BUT, even my '18 Silverado ME isn't like my '15 was, can't put the radios in the center console, and can't move the cup holder to do so.  :mad:  I may end up replacing my CB :( with a smaller one.  Going to see what I can do with it, my CB is pretty big, has side bands on it. 

I love the tundras. But the mileage and lack of features did it for me. They hold value exceptionally well (ridiculously so) and if it’s anything like my 4Runner was it’ll last until the end of time. I love the size of the crew max cabs.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

• Like 2

I love the tundras. But the mileage and lack of features did it for me. They hold value exceptionally well (ridiculously so) and if it’s anything like my 4Runner was it’ll last until the end of time. I love the size of the crew max cabs.

2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

You’re no “Traitor” congratulations and do keep us all informed.

Sent from above

Ok, I realize this may seem like nit-picking from an old fart, but Toyota and Nissan do not build trucks, p/u trucks yes. GM, Ford, and Ram build 1 ton DRW trucks and in most farm states that's the minimum to be considered a truck. 10,000 gross and dual rear wheels, anything else is a p/u truck. Check your state's DMV for their definition. My K1500 is a pick-up truck and that's what I refer to it if asked.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, garagerog said:

Ok, I realize this may seem like nit-picking from an old fart, but Toyota and Nissan do not build trucks, p/u trucks yes. GM, Ford, and Ram build 1 ton DRW trucks and in most farm states that's the minimum to be considered a truck. 10,000 gross and dual rear wheels, anything else is a p/u truck. Check your state's DMV for their definition. My K1500 is a pick-up truck and that's what I refer to it if asked.

Who cares.  It's called a truck because it's not a car.

• Like 4

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, Penguin VII said:

Congrats on the new truck man. I really wanted to like the new Tundra but felt like for the money the GMs were just a much better value. When I test drove the Tundra it just felt cheap which is odd considering how much the things cost. That and their over use of the cheap plastic killed me.

This