I just bought my Sierra and considered a Tundra.

Problem was two fold:
- Truck is dated.  Released in 2007 with a '14 refresh.  I like the outside, fine enough with the drivetrain but the interior was no-go for me

- No deals.  Huge incentives on the '18 GM trucks.  To get an equivalent match in a Toyota, I would have spent significantly more.

11 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

Problem was two fold:
- Truck is dated.  Released in 2007 with a '14 refresh.  I like the outside, fine enough with the drivetrain but the interior was no-go for me

- No deals.  Huge incentives on the '18 GM trucks.  To get an equivalent match in a Toyota, I would have spent significantly more.

Thats the thing that surprised me so much. I know Toyota doesn't generally do incentives on the tacoma, and they don't have to because of how fast it sells, but it was surprising on the Tundra. I thought for sure that I could get a similarly equipped Tundra for cheaper than Sierra but it wasn't even close.

Thats the thing that surprised me so much. I know Toyota doesn't generally do incentives on the tacoma, and they don't have to because of how fast it sells, but it was surprising on the Tundra. I thought for sure that I could get a similarly equipped Tundra for cheaper than Sierra but it wasn't even close.

I wish GM was dated. My favorite new GM trucks were 01-04. The 04 was the only Truck I kept around for 184K. The only replacement was back brakes and water pump. Oil change every 25K amsoil, antifreeze and trans fluid at 150K per manual. Original plugs. Like a rock it was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Had the exact same truck, in a 2013 form.  Tundra was awesome, and I got 188k miles out of it.  Was missing some tech/interior stuff, that most other trucks had at the time.. but it was still a tank and never gave me a problem.  Kinda wish I still had it.. since it was paid off LOL.  You wont be disappointed in that new Tundra though.  They're super nice, and the paint to match from factory makes those exteriors pop.  I came from a Tundra, to a 4Runner (for 3 months) then got back into a Chevy Silverado.  Both trucks have their perks.  Enjoy the new ride (and space)!

YtaNoKR.jpg

veGihae.jpg

9PNWn5E.jpg

3 hours ago, KARNUT said:

I wish GM was dated. My favorite new GM trucks were 01-04. The 04 was the only Truck I kept around for 184K. The only replacement was back brakes and water pump. Oil change every 25K amsoil, antifreeze and trans fluid at 150K per manual. Original plugs. Like a rock it was.

The thing I miss more than anything is the extended cab with suicide doors. If they bring those back I'd be a happy camper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a 2018 Tundra for a while.  Mine was a loaded Limited and a pretty nice truck after I color matched the front end.  They do use a little more fuel but in the end it is a truck and you don't buy one to save fuel. 

What I didn't like were the cheap interior materials and how easily the plastic got scratches.

Problem was two fold:

This^
I considered a Tundra too after the excellent experience with my 08 Tacoma.