In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
shift_grind

Any new owners regret their purchase already?

may be a bit biased, but I prefer the 14-15 body style the most. I like how it resembles the older generations. 

The 2019 Silverados look like that origami abortion they call the "Prius." 

• Like 4

37k seems high for a LT. I got my '18 Sierra SLT quad cab short bed for $44,055 out the door (plus tax).  Z71, Quicksilver paint, Premium Plus, all weather floor liners and 6.2L motor. 

I don't really regret leasing.  I had a 15 Silverado and now a 17 Silverado.  Same model.  The problems on the 17 are the same as the 14.  GM didn't fix them.  I have bought a 2011 GMC SLE with only 25000 miles on it.  I know the owners.  My lease is still 2 years from ending.  Will keep the lease but not renew, then start driving the 2011 or my old car and keep the 2011 for travel. 

Jim

Edited by jagabom

51 minutes ago, Nitrousbird said:

37k seems high for a LT. I got my '18 Sierra SLT quad cab short bed for $44,055 out the door (plus tax).  Z71, Quicksilver paint, Premium Plus, all weather floor liners and 6.2L motor. 

Wow that's a good deal for an SLT premium plus with a 6.2. You would never come close to that price around my area.

16 hours ago, Nitrousbird said:

Depends on when it was bought, where it was bought and how it's equipped. Some LT's sticker over $50K . My LT stickered at $51.4.

I paid $42, but it wasn't end of year clearance.  18% off sticker.

I drive a 2014 dbl cab with the 5.3 as my personal truck but I drive a 2018 dbl cab/5.3 as my take home work truck.  IMO the 2014-15's look better but my 2018 work truck rides better, has better throttle response, and after 6 months still does not have any annoying popping sounds or weird electronic anomaly's  that my 14 has.  Like someone mentioned before, stay away from a first year release!  I guess the 19 is only half of a true re-design so maybe it won't have as many bugs the 14's had in them.

wouldn't think twice about giving up my 16 AT.... i'm in it till the wheels fall off!

1 hour ago, Crstfr said:

wouldn't think twice about giving up my 16 AT.... i'm in it till the wheels fall off!

Kind of like our congress in Washington.

Seems we are "in it till the wheels fall off" with all of them too, unfortunately! :loser:

• Like 1

I have zero regrets in buying my 18 back at the end of May. 

2018 Z71, $36,450 after fees and rebates, plus tax. LOVE my truck! 

Im sure the 19s will grow on me, but side by side I feel the 14-18 body looks way better. 

But the more I see them the more I’ll like them. I hate chrome though, so any version with chrome looks like crap in my mind :-)

I had a 15 half ton 6.2 8 speed truck and regretted it right away... the truck was a piece of junk.  I was pretty skeptical about buying my 2017 2500HD 8 months after ridding myself of the 15 but I knew I wouldn't have any drivetrain fails like the half ton did being it was the same powertrain used for a decade already.  14 months later I do not regret buying the HD one single bit.

Edited by SierraHD17

I’ve been driving my 2017 SLE 5.3L for 2 years. It’s been a great truck. 18,000 miles, 3 oil changes and no issues. Everyone says there are all these problems. What are they?

Edited by SteveC

No regrets buying at the end of May. I haven’t had any issues yet with about 4500 miles. Perhaps I could have got another grand off if I waited, but I look at it as I paid a small premium to get exactly what I wanted. That’s my rationale anyway. Ha. 

I have no regrets with my '15.  I am looking for an '18 but worry about retting losing my '15!  It's been a fabulous truck and it's loan free.  I'm also looking to buy a travel trailer that exceeds my current truck's towing capacity but may decide a cozy trailer for a few weeks of the year is worth the money saved!