Sign in to follow this  
sams819

2019 Silverado infotainment question

Does any know if you can change  one of the 4 icons in the shortcut bar. I can’t seem to be able too.🚜

Great question, SAMS819! We encourage you to reach out to our Infotainment Customer Support Center at (855) 478-7767 as they are in the best position to help with infotainment connectivity and troubleshooting.  If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks!

Anthony J.

There are no settings either in the Radio unit and the DIC that allows changing those icons. The Screen Icons are the same way. They can be moved around

but their appearance is fixed in the code of the unit.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

I sould look in to moving the various icons, I would like to change the home screen to have the camera setting and move off Android auto to one of the rear screens. Guess I should read the manual,

Kinda works like the icons on Android. Touch and move to the edge of the screen etc. Not as smooth as Android, but it works.

Edited by Rocz3cqg

What about this issue, has anyone been able to program to have the phone icon with bar signal to the left of the 4G LTE with signal strength icon to stay on when connect to the phone? Last week for some unknown reason it stayed on my entire trip to work but when I drove home from work, it was not there anymore. I did nothing to cause that. Hopefully someone from GM who monitors this can assist.

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

Well disregard answering this question. I spoke with Infotainment Customer Support Center and they said there is no way to have it programmed to stay on. I think the bluetooth icon is more important to stay on than the wi-fi because I care more about the signal strength of my phone when driving. I've been in an accident by manipulating buttons in a previous car and having to hit the home button, sliding the screen to the right to look at my signal strength is no different than texting while moving. Should be an upgrade or at least the availability to activate through the settings menu.

What about this issue, has anyone been able to program to have the phone icon with bar signal to the left of the 4G LTE with signal strength icon to stay on when connect to the phone? Last week for some unknown reason it stayed on my entire trip to work but when I drove home from work, it was not there anymore. I did nothing to cause that. Hopefully someone from GM who monitors this can assist.