6.6L GAS for 2010HD?

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/10/next-gen-gm-hd-trucks-to-introduce-new-6-6l-v-8-gasoline-engine/

gmauthority website has some info/speculation. 

..............Current 6.0L V8 L96.......Expected 6.6L V8 LXX
Fuel................Gasoline...................Gasoline
Horsepower:.......360........................400
Torque:...............380.........................450

Edited by redwngr
duplication

This the first tidbit of info seen on a new HD gasser. It will be interesting how the Big 3 match up with their new options. Attach an 87 octane 6.6 to the rumored 9-speed Allison and we have a winner in my world. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

I sure hope they don't put afm in this new motor like the article thinks.

I'm leaning 50/50 chance of it happening.  EPA/CAFE reasons.  I do think HD trucks are exempt from CAFE however.  Ram has cylinder deactivation with the 6.4 in the HD trucks. 

Unfortunately I think AFM or even it's more horrid newer tech called Dynamic Skip fire as well as being direct injected are on the horizon for the HD.   Fleet sales are supposed to be all about reliability but that's going to the wayside honestly.  Ram has their AFM in the 5.7 and the 6.4 HD trucks and all those trucks do once they get between 60000 and 80000 miles is starting eating lifters and losing camshafts.  Doesn't stop the one electrical company that leases them from getting them so I guess it is non consequential lol.  I mean every single one of their trucks ( about 10 trucks they run about 2 years where I am at all times) does it..... doesn't stop them from using Ram.   The prime contractor ( site owner) is actually moving away from GM and using Ford's as they have less expenses in the same mileage as the GM half tons do so it is what it is.... they turn trucks over annually or sooner as they are approaching 100000 miles in a years time so there is nothing older than 2018 currently.... and that's about 25 field  trucks in my area.   So if the GM surpasses that or is even the same thing it probably won't matter like a lot of people think it might.  

Is what it is.

6 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

I just realized the 6.6 #s are pretty disappointing for the size of the motor.

Yes, it should have twice the torque of its diesel counterpart, 1200 horsepower and get at least 50 mpg or its awful.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Gagliano7 said:

I just realized the 6.6 #s are pretty disappointing for the size of the motor.

Ram 2500/3500 makes 410hp 429tq on the 6.4 Hemi.  400/450 on .2 liters bigger sounds reasonable. 

Remember, the HD truck engines are about durability AND power, with durability being priority, hence the 6.0's continued existence. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 3:32 PM, newdude said:

Ram 2500/3500 makes 410hp 429tq on the 6.4 Hemi.  400/450 on .2 liters bigger sounds reasonable. 

Remember, the HD truck engines are about durability AND power, with durability being priority, hence the 6.0's continued existence. 

I get that but the 6.2 in my gmc is 420 hp 460 torque.

I hope they come out with a bigger gasser.  Would have like to have 550-600 torque though.  600 would put it just about 2/3 of the Duramax and I'd be fine with that.  Just want enough oomph to tow 14-15k.  The 6.0 will do it but never hurts to hope for more torque :-D