6.6L GAS for 2010HD?

21 minutes ago, Saskquatch said:

Not going to happen. People get too focused on hp stats and ignore functionality and durability.

Yeah I've come to realize the stuff I "want" is usually what no one seems to care about.  If I had a car maybe I'd concern myself with HP, but since I've always had a pickup I like torque.

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 7:17 AM, Gagliano7 said:

I get that but the 6.2 in my gmc is 420 hp 460 torque.

But the L86 is an LT1 Camaro/Vette engine with one or two parts changed.  Its a performance engine.  Fleets don't want/need an engine that is performance focused.  They want strong power, cheap to run/fix (87 octane in the current 6.0 vs 93 octane for the L86/L87/LT1) and durability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, newdude said:

But the L86 is an LT1 Camaro/Vette engine with one or two parts changed.  Its a performance engine.  Fleets don't want/need an engine that is performance focused.  They want strong power, cheap to run/fix (87 octane in the current 6.0 vs 93 octane for the L86/L87/LT1) and durability. 

There's people that think the Ecoboost should be offered in the Superduty as an "economical" choice for those who don't tow heavy. Many people buying trucks today know absoulotely nothing about them. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, magnum74 said:

There's people that think the Ecoboost should be offered in the Superduty as an "economical" choice for those who don't tow heavy. Many people buying trucks today know absoulotely nothing about them. 

An ecoboost would make a great engine for a consumer super duty.  Agreed that this is not a great idea for serious commercial usage.  

10 minutes ago, Saskquatch said:

LOL. 

I see no reason that a new Ecoboost engine of roughly 4 or 5 liters displacement couldn't handle daily driving duties in a 7000 lb. Super Duty truck and give a nice towing experience maybe 10 times a year with a 10,000 lb trailer, and provide a few mpg improvement over a naturally-aspirated V8.  Those are pretty typical expectations for the vast majority of consumer-purchased HD trucks.   Sure, the truck won't have as much life left in it at 100k miles when it gets traded in, but the original purchaser doesn't really give a shit.  

If tnose numbers hold true,  be decent for sure.  

But, the numbers being tossed around on the new Ford 7.X gasser (7.3 445 cubes push rod engine) is 550+ foot pounds  - and no dynamic skip fire.

Edited by WilliamBos

6 minutes ago, WilliamBos said:

If tnose numbers hold true,  be decent for sure.  

But, the numbers being tossed around on the new Ford 7.X (7.3 push rod engine) is 550+ foot pounds  - and no dynamic skip fire.

Won't miss any gas stations either...

Also, its sounding like the Ford engine will be a bit of LS7 syndrome in where they will base it off the 6.2 Hurricane truck engine and stretched as far as possible. 

Edited by newdude

13 minutes ago, newdude said:

Won't miss any gas stations either...

Also, its sounding like the Ford engine will be a bit of LS7 syndrome in where they will base it off the 6.2 Hurricane truck engine and stretched as far as possible. 

The 6.0 GM is a fuel hog, and gutless too.  

On 10/30/2018 at 6:45 PM, Saskquatch said:

Not going to happen. People get too focused on hp stats and ignore functionality and durability.

There's a dolt on YouTube that's been speculating massive numbers. There's nothing official. He also said that GM will not be introducing a new engine and will carryover the 6.0. Having said this there's no question that Ford will make sure they have a bigger number. They know who their market is regardless if performs better or not. Hell, if it looks like a better deal me I'll get a 7.3 but the Duramax has proved for years that numbers on paper mean nothing.

Edited by magnum74
corrected bad grammar

I will be surprised if Ford's 7X has over 500 ft. lbs. of torque.  In fact, I think it's numbers will be pretty close to the upcoming GM 6.6L gas engine.  From what I understand, it's an all new design not based on the current Ford 6.2L, it's OHV not OHC, and it's designed for large pickups and medium duty trucks.  There will be no 'high performance' versions, and it's not going in the Mustang or Raptor.  As far as AFM or Dynamic Skip Fire, I have not heard anything definitive on that one way or the other.  However, I have a hunch that it will have some sort of modulated displacement.  I also think that it will have direct injection, but may incorporate Ford's combination direct and port design.

Know what else?  I think 7X will be good, but GM's 6.6L will be better!     

39 minutes ago, magnum74 said:

There's a dolt on YouTube that's been speculating massive numbers. There's nothing official. He also said that GM will not be introducing a new engine and will carryover the 6.0. Having said this there's no question that Ford will make sure they have a bigger number. They know who their market is regardless if performs better or not. Hell, if it looks like a better deal me I'll get a 7.3 but the Duramax has been proved for years that the numbers on paper mean nothing.

You talking about Shane-O?