Aftermarket Parts and your truck

TXGREEK

On 10/22/2018 at 11:21 AM, TXGREEK said:

Local is great to support your state. America has very strict manufacturing regulations versus Canada especially in the steel industry. Daily, my overseas customers inform us that no made in China metals are to be brought onboard the ships we’re servicing as well as many contractual agreements for further sales with zero made in China steel. Most my customers even want proof of ABS certification proving American made. American made products are #1, Period.

Sent from above

China, the country where builders make cement cheaper by adding in more sand to the foundations of skyscrapers. That's said, with proper oversight they build stuff well. And with poor quality control, America can make junk. The amount of 6th gen Camaro's I drove with loose infotainment screens was ridiculous.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

China, the country where builders make cement cheaper by adding in more sand to the foundations of skyscrapers. That's said, with proper oversight they build stuff well. And with poor quality control, America can make junk. The amount of 6th gen Camaro's I drove with loose infotainment screens was ridiculous.

It’s a plastic world

• 4 weeks later...

After learning the hard way with my Cadillac (oil sending units are a B**CH to change on a Northstar) and good experiences with OEM parts, I only buy OEM parts whenever possible. In cases with my Cadillac, where OE parts are nonexistent, I will go with a name brand part, damn the cost :D. Pay for it now or pay for it later, your choice. 

In a reference to our northern neighbors on this thread, I've noticed a lot of AC Delco parts are direct from Canuckistan and have worked very well (such as belt drive components). I find their quality to on par or even a tick better than quality aftermarket equipment :thumbs:

1 hour ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

After learning the hard way with my Cadillac (oil sending units are a B**CH to change on a Northstar) and good experiences with OEM parts, I only buy OEM parts whenever possible. In cases with my Cadillac, where OE parts are nonexistent, I will go with a name brand part, damn the cost :D. Pay for it now or pay for it later, your choice. 

In a reference to our northern neighbors on this thread, I've noticed a lot of AC Delco parts are direct from Canuckistan and have worked very well (such as belt drive components). I find their quality to on par or even a tick better than quality aftermarket equipment :thumbs:

I can second your opinion. I have purchased cheap parts and ether get screwed by receiving the wrong part and getting stiffed with return shipping or installed cheap lower ball joints to find I had to perform the job a again and ended up paying more quality parts the second time.

My more recent purchase was AC Delco and I agree the quality did see better than the cheap stuff and I feel more confidant the second time around. Not sure why I put up with all the crap to save a few bucks.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Just found out DODGE/RAM Cummins Engine blocks are made in China and shipped to America!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much. I worked for Cummins for years. Most everything comes from over seas. I was installing some rather large Cummins GenSets for a customer and all the heads were faulty. All the replacements came from England manufacturerd in china.

All Cummins reman ECM's are done in Mexico and most of the Injectors as well.

18 hours ago, Mikebtte said:

I can second your opinion. I have purchased cheap parts and ether get screwed by receiving the wrong part and getting stiffed with return shipping or installed cheap lower ball joints to find I had to perform the job a again and ended up paying more quality parts the second time.

My more recent purchase was AC Delco and I agree the quality did see better than the cheap stuff and I feel more confidant the second time around. Not sure why I put up with all the crap to save a few bucks.

Dude I totally hear you there. After all is said and done i think back and realize I spent more in the end than what I set out to save. :lol: