mapolina

High Mileage 2012 1500 ltz

Looking at buying a 2012 Ltz 4x4 with 125,000 miles on it for 13k.  yay or nay?  Looks to be well maintained, seems solid on the test drive.

Edited by mapolina

Lol, high mileage. If the price is fair, I wouldn't have any worries with that mileage. 

I guess its high mileage for the year.  Whoever drove it put about 20k on per year.  I wouldn't worry about it though.  

1 hour ago, mapolina said:

Looking at buying a 2012 Ltz 4x4 with 125,000 miles on it for 13k.  yay or nay?  Looks to be well maintained, seems solid on the test drive.

I have shy of 70K on a 2016?  That is not high mileage my friend............

I've ran 2 GM trucks over 300k. Wouldn't hesitate at all to buy that.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Have a pre-purchase inspection done at an independent repair facility that knows GM trucks well before you purchase it.  (NOT the dealership)

Give it a good test drive and look it over.   Don’t be scared of high mileage, factor in a large emergency fund for huge repairs.

If it wasn’t well cared for it should be fairly obvious during the test drive.   Even then....everything can be replaced at a cost.  If you don’t like the transmission or engine sounds, factor in the cost to replace them when negotiating a price 

I don't consider it high mileage til 200k lol.  I have seen many run past 250-300.  my current escalade with the l92 has 209K right now and it runs awesome.  these engines are fairly easy to work on also.