2018 GMC Sierra, was it a good deal?

5 hours ago, B R A D said:

Bought one Saturday, I totally forgot about costco (pulled the costco auto brochure out of the old one and still didn't think about it) but mine came right out to 42k. The rebates are awesome. I opted for the GM financing and plan on refinancing after the 1st few months, the dealership has done me right and I want to do them right by making the agreed payments before refinancing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

With stackable rebates we were able to use our Costo membership, which they took $500 off plus we get $500 Costco card in the mail. Also having a Costco Membership, extended warranty was offered to us for $2,300 instead of $3,000, but we didn't take it.

2 hours ago, lapoolboy said:

LOL, the dealer doesn't do anything unless it is profitable for them.  Lesson #1.

Them: "Hey, we'll give you another $1000 off your new truck if you finance through GM Financial."

You: "Yeah, that sounds good."

Sales manager to salesman: "Shhhhh, don't tell them the 8.99% interest we are about to charge them FAR exceeds the $1000 we are 'giving' them."

Salesman/Sales manager: *jovial gut-laughter*

Just like Vegas those fancy dealerships weren't built by giving cars away. The last one I was in had a soundproof kids room, the salesman was bragging about. All the while I'm thinking - Im paying for that..... How bad am I really getting the shaft?

With stackable rebates we were able to use our Costo membership, which they took $500 off plus we get $500 Costco card in the mail. Also having a Costco Membership, extended warranty was offered to us for $2,300 instead of $3,000, but we didn't take it.
Awesome deal, hate I missed out on that.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

12 hours ago, j-ten-ner said:

Only three people are allowed to drive my truck.

Me, myself and I. :driving:

...and my wife...

From where we live, it is practical to have a truck. My first choice is 2019 Traverse, then GMC Acadia, but i guess I let my husband talked me into getting a truck for family travels, because  he wants his Chevy Colorado Zr2  for off-roading only. :D

So, both of us drive my truck.

Edited by Newtrucker

19 hours ago, Newtrucker said:

New truck owner here!

I just wondering if I did a great deal with our purchase with our  2018 GMC Sierra SLT Premium package.

We bought a new truck yesterday from the first dealership went to. The MSRP was $56,000+ almost $57k.

I did not have a trade-in, we got it for $42,000 plus i haggle to add 1armor (3 years exterior paint, and interior protection)-$998, plus we also get a $500 Costco card, those are not included in $42k price.

Basically, with all the added stuff it is like getting it for $40,500.

The only issue i have is that I have 843 credit score, at first the sales person said if we finance it through GM we will get additional $1000, but the APR will be 6.99%. When we're ready to sign the financing of around 15k on the paper it says APR 8.99%. They told us to wait until 3 months before we can refinance. I know i can get 1.99 APR somewhere else.

How much did you pay for yours?

GMC Sierra.jpg

Nice looking truck sir!  I just picked up a LT z71 with a MSRP of 51k for $36k, I think I did pretty good too as that's about 30% off.  Unfortunately I'm not a Costco member so I missed out on that.

They sure do want to move these old 18's with those fancy 2019's showing up.  

I can't really speak to your situation as I offered Howard Bentley in Albertville, AL a cash price with trade in. Ended up at $31k out the door on my 2018 SLT. Another factor is, HB tends to have lower prices due to their large inventory. But, the price doesn't seem too bad...the only thing that would've made me hit the roof would've been the apr...:(. I might deal with it though because that's a nice truck. 

Edited by Bama08

6 minutes ago, Yondu said:

Nice looking truck sir!  I just picked up a LT z71 with a MSRP of 51k for $36k, I think I did pretty good too as that's about 30% off.  Unfortunately I'm not a Costco member so I missed out on that.

They sure do want to move these old 18's with those fancy 2019's showing up.  

Congrats to you and enjoy your new truck!

What states are you guys in with these deals?  Boston area is tighter with the deals it seems as I'm lucky seeing 19% - 20% off MSRP, more commonly 15% off.  Although I'm not using the financing rebate, so that's a couple percent there I guess.  I've been looking for an 18 for a few months now and dealers around here just don't seem to care if you walk away. 

3 minutes ago, outrag1 said:

What states are you guys in with these deals?  Boston area is tighter with the deals it seems as I'm lucky seeing 19% - 20% off MSRP, more commonly 15% off.  Although I'm not using the financing rebate, so that's a couple percent there I guess.  I've been looking for an 18 for a few months now and dealers around here just don't seem to care if you walk away. 

Alabama for me. https://www.howardbentleyauto.com/VehicleDetails/new-2018-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_SLT-Albertville-AL/3296072363

6 hours ago, outrag1 said:

I'm in Minnesota. There are probably nine Chevy dealerships that I'd be willing to drive to and only three of them have rrally aggressive deals listed on their site (25-30% vs less than 20%). I'm not really interested in going out and haggling in the hopes that they'll come down so I just looked at the dealerships that had good prices.

In my area all the deals right now are on LT Crew Cabs and not every truck has a 25% or better sale. It just so happened that this dealership had exactly what I wanted in the color I wanted and it was the best deal on their lot percentage wise.

Happy hunting!

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Yondu said:

I'm in Minnesota. There are probably nine Chevy dealerships that I'd be willing to drive to and only three of them have rrally aggressive deals listed on their site (25-30% vs less than 20%). I'm not really interested in going out and haggling in the hopes that they'll come down so I just looked at the dealerships that had good prices.

In my area all the deals right now are on LT Crew Cabs and not every truck has a 25% or better sale. It just so happened that this dealership had exactly what I wanted in the color I wanted and it was the best deal on their lot percentage wise.

Happy hunting!

What you said makes perfect sense.  In my area however, I'm not seeing those couple dealers with the really aggressive pricing, they are all similar.  For example, my local dealer I've been communicating with for a couple months contacted me today about another discount and we can start breaking the 20% barrier.  After an hour or so emailing, I asked him to give me manufacturing date and mileage on this particular unit because it's been on their lot for like 8 months...and he tells me when he finally found the vehicle it had sold sticker on it.  People in this area don't care about the 25% to 30% discount...these 18's are on a fire sale regardless and they will not last.