2018 GMC Sierra, was it a good deal?

2 hours ago, Golfguy1996 said:

That's what they say but this is a true story...friend of mine is in the used business and is good friends with Sitton GMC in Greenville. He stopped in there one day while I was looking and had them pull the dealer invoice for my truck at HB (and sent it to me)...Sitton said there's no way HB made any money selling me the truck for $38.8k and word for word told my buddy "you need to tell him to drive down there and buy that truck." Now, they don't move trucks like HB does so they don't know what the volume kickback is but based on the current invoice, they made nothing on my individual sale.  Edited: I never saw the dealership. Bought it and they drove it to me.

I pulled the KBB just for poops and giggles yesterday...private party $46k, trade in $44-46k. Just clicked 3k on the meter, time to trade her in! :lol:

They have A LOT of trucks. I mean A LOT. They started offering the $37k for the 2017s last year in late October. I showed up a week later and they didn’t have a 2017 left. But they were offering the same rebates on the 2018, so I bought one of those. 

The dealer wasn’t totally lying about not making a lot of money selling a truck.

New car sales aren’t where the money is at for a dealership.

Used cars, parts/service and financing are the big profit centers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, pronstar said:

The dealer want totally lying.

They get large bonuses from selling a certain # of new though, right? 

Edited by Bama08

35 minutes ago, Bama08 said:

They get large bonuses from selling a certain # of new though, right? 

Yep. It's called "Hold Back." 

To the O.P. Next time, don't EVER let a dealer or finance guy talk you into that paint and interior protection stuff. You gave them back a good chunk of what you saved and don't expect any benefit from it either. Great truck and enjoy the hell out of it!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, '17 Sierra said:

Yep. It's called "Hold Back." 

To the O.P. Next time, don't EVER let a dealer or finance guy talk you into that paint and interior protection stuff. You gave them back a good chunk of what you saved and don't expect any benefit from it either. Great truck and enjoy the hell out of it!

Thank you. I thought that was the case from info I had been given. Good ammo going into a negotiation with a car dealer. Bill Smith in Cullman, AL wouldn’t come off much even offering cash. 

Thank you. I thought that was the case from info I had been given. Good ammo going into a negotiation with a car dealer. Bill Smith in Cullman, AL wouldn’t come off much even offering cash. 
Lmao, a Bill Smith employee tried telling me how great they were after I had told them they were $5,000.00 dollars shy of HB deal. The only people who buy from Bill Smith are the one's who haven't checked HB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cash actually doesn’t y’all at a car dealership.
They get spiffs from lenders for selling you financing.

12 minutes ago, B R A D said:

Lmao, a Bill Smith employee tried telling me how great they were after I had told them they were $5,000.00 dollars shy of HB deal. The only people who buy from Bill Smith are the one's who haven't checked HB.

Lol yeah they were somewhere in the neighborhood of $3k higher than HB at the time. They aren’t nearly as big either. 

11 minutes ago, pronstar said:

Cash actually doesn’t y’all at a car dealership.
They get spiffs from lenders for selling you financing.

This was last year and I’ve slept a few times since, but they went ahead gave me some discount they were offering for financing with one of the preferred lenders. When I say they gave me the discount, I just mean they took the amount off what I was going to pay. I can’t remember exactly, but I want to say it was $1500. That said, it was close to the end of the year and they had a ton of trucks left. 

On another note, I love my 20” snowflakes, but I’m thinking about finding some of the 6 spoke 20s. 

This was last year and I’ve slept a few times since, but they went ahead gave me some discount they were offering for financing with one of the preferred lenders. When I say they gave me the discount, I just mean they took the amount off what I was going to pay. I can’t remember exactly, but I want to say it was $1500. That said, it was close to the end of the year and they had a ton of trucks left. 

On another note, I love my 20” snowflakes, but I’m thinking about finding some of the 6 spoke 20s. 
My '16 had the 6 spokes and my '18 has the snowflakes. I'm not sure which I like better tbh. The 6 spokes look good but they are just plastic covers and scratch easily.

17 minutes ago, B R A D said:

My '16 had the 6 spokes and my '18 has the snowflakes. I'm not sure which I like better tbh. The 6 spokes look good but they are just plastic covers and scratch easily.

I like the look of the 6 spoke better. But, it’s funny you mention scratches because I found several on eBay that were scratched like crazy. My wife is going to murder me if I keep spending money on it though. I’ve convinced her I need to replace my level with a lift. I went engineer on her splainin’ angles and what not. She gave up the argument, but if I tell her I’m also looking at new wheels, she’ll stab me. 

12 hours ago, pronstar said:

The dealer wasn’t totally lying about not making a lot of money selling a truck.

Oh, that's why I got a text massage from the dealer:

"...we have a customer looking for a truck like yours. I have permission to pay above marked value for your truck..."

I didn't answer but I should have ask if they'd drive me home then or pay for a cab...haha.

so long

j-ten-ner

My wife is real good about keeping her cars awhile. It’s amusing what they offer in the mail for trade in. My grand kids will be happy with those cars when we hand them over to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve gotten the texts from the sales guy too. For some reason the value of a trade in goes up after you drive away. Gm really needs to work with training the sales people. Who in there right mind would finance for anything above 3 percent. On another note I noticed Toyota has 0% for 72 on tundras right now. 

15 hours ago, Bama08 said:

Man if we were closer, I'd swap with you. I've been eyeballing those snowflakes but I refuse to purchase aftermarket ones. I have no scratches on my 6 spoke 20's at all.