2019 Chevrolet Boring interior!!

Hi Folks! first and foremost I've been a gm guy all my life ( 10-12 trucks) and i'm 54 years old. Now be warned rant coming.....is it just me or the new 2019 interior are boring at best. Very very disappointed in the looks inside the truck, someone mentioned to check out a Laramie and was blown away compared to a GM. Was set to order a LTZ this spring, but after seeing this i'm thinking of jumping ship, this said it's killing me but for the prices we are paying here in Canada and a lame vehicle.....The LTZ  satin steel was going to be my choice, but worse comes to worst i'll keep my 2016 LTZ.

Also GM missed the bus on their plan.....can't even get a LTZ here in eastern Canada yet.....dealers have one or two trucks on lot's....What a JOKE!

GH

Edited by goose hunter
  • Like 3

I don’t want a busy interior. I want comfort, and to be able to access the few buttons I may be using while driving. I’m more interested in what’s going on, on the road ahead. I don’t spend any time in my vehicles unless I’m driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

I'm the same as you ..... GM lifer.  Was about to jump ship to RAM.. then I started reading... enjoy the nightmare. https://5thgenrams.com/community/forums/5th-gen-general-discussion.13/

Which thread should I read sir?  thanks!

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I don’t want a busy interior. I want comfort, and to be able to access the few buttons I may be using while driving. I’m more interested in what’s going on, on the road ahead. I don’t spend any time in my vehicles unless I’m driving.

Yup, I can barely keep from hitting something or avoiding somebody else on my journey into the city?  Can't imagine what else you need other than mirrors, wheel, gas and brake?

Yup, I can barely keep from hitting something or avoiding somebody else on my journey into the city?  Can't imagine what else you need other than mirrors, wheel, gas and brake?

People are in such a hurry these days to play with the dash in their truck or phone that they stop short at red lights. You can’t get into the turn lanes anymore because people are leaving big gaps in between cars blocking turn lanes. When the light turns green no one moves. Then you have to blow the horn. Then of course you get the one finger salute. So a boring dash isn’t a bad thing, maybe people will pay more attention to driving. Maybe even stay between the lines. You think all cars have bad front ends the way the wobble all over the road.

• Like 1

I really don’t mind the simple interior. Sure I’d like to have seen options to customize the display or theme of the head unit. At the end of the day I’m not overly impressed, but not disappointed either. 

The only thing I really dislike is the steering wheel controls. I don’t care for the wheel selection over the previous design. 

• Like 1

My favorite thing about the new Silverado is the typical "the outside is to busy" from the same people who then go on to say the interior is "to plain". I like the more sophisticated look of the GM trucks interior over the "look at me" of the Ram (even Ford, and Toyota are in this same boat to me). It is great to know if you want a more flashy interior you have options outside of the GM family.

It drives me crazy when people complain about non-soft touch materials in places you don't touch!!! I want interiors that are going to last a long time, and I want them to be strong and as light weight as possible. To make something "soft" will add weight, so can we get past that for places we don't touch please! (sorry to hi-jack this thread, but it was kind of related).

• Like 2

Yeah, if I wasn't married to GM .....  

Dodge really stepped up.  GM's interior group should all be fired. Looks like my 14 with the buttons moved around.

That said, as an owner of a 19, I feel I have a right to complain :cool:

• Like 2

I also love my interior.  Check out the non-black options such as my Gideon interior below (Brown/Beige) or the Umber(Black/Orange).  The picture I took was not the clearest but on sunny days the brown is very visible while on cloudy days/at night it looks like a dark gray.  It looks amazing in person in my opinion.  I'll try to get another clearer picture today.

20180911_194358.thumb.jpg.6f3a1fa4e562edb47a555495a88ad618.jpg

Edited by z1boss
  • Like 2

Boring?  I remember using a paint roller to paint the dash of my '64!   It was really plain until I installed a push button AM radio!  j-ten-ner  is correct.  It's wonderful we have choices.   My experience with Dodge is that they have long attracted buyers with trinkets and bobbles.  I believe the '14+ GM interiors are the best looking and laid-out interiors of the "big 3" ever produced.  The '19+ builds and improves on this outstanding design.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, goose hunter said:

Hi Folks! first and foremost I've been a gm guy all my life ( 10-12 trucks) and i'm 54 years old. Now be warned rant coming.....is it just me or the new 2019 interior are boring at best. Very very disappointed in the looks inside the truck, someone mentioned to check out a Laramie and was blown away compared to a GM. Was set to order a LTZ this spring, but after seeing this i'm thinking of jumping ship, this said it's killing me but for the prices we are paying here in Canada and a lame vehicle.....The LTZ  satin steel was going to be my choice, but worse comes to worst i'll keep my 2016 LTZ.

Also GM missed the bus on there plan.....can't even get a LTZ here in eastern Canada yet.....dealers have one or two trucks on lot's....What a JOKE!

GH

This thread is for Troubleshooting on the 2019 T1's

Why a post about the lackluster interior here?  :confused:

This needs to be moved.