Oil change interval on infrequently driven truck

I have a GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L that I only drive on weekends. ( drive a work truck M-F). I use Mobil 1 oil and my last oil change was back in April of this year. The oil life indicator says I have 63% life on the oil. Should I change the oil since it was last changed back in April? It’s the whole mileage OR so many months thing that has me wondering? Thanks for the advice 

2 hours ago, madblackz71 said:

I have a GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L that I only drive on weekends. ( drive a work truck M-F). I use Mobil 1 oil and my last oil change was back in April of this year. The oil life indicator says I have 63% life on the oil. Should I change the oil since it was last changed back in April? It’s the whole mileage OR so many months thing that has me wondering? Thanks for the advice 

If it's infrequently driven etc. 5-10K change it every year..........even if you drove it 600 miles in 1yr you change it.

• Like 1

Like mookdoc6 said, not to worry but just change it once a year. 

When I had my Camaro, I only drove it on the weekends as well and didn't put the miles on it.  I actually went 18 months and 5k miles on it before I changed it.  I sent the sample of oil off to get analyzed and it came back fine.  But the general rule is once a year at least on low mileage use. 

• Like 1