Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

Good morning...as I started my truck this morning all seemed to be fine...and then I started getting an alert tone of some kind...it almost sounded like the seat belt tone (but nothing flashing on the dash info center).  So I unclicked and clicked my seat belt...still the tone would beep every couple seconds...I thought this was going to be a long drive to work...but by the time I got out of my neighborhood, it stopped beeping...

 

This isn't the first time this has happened...but didn't think much of it last time...did a search on the forum, and I couldn't really find much...any help is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has happened to me many times. Nothing pops up on the dash so I have no idea what it is. It usually stops by the time I put the truck into drive.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 14 does the same thing.  I have weird beeps, a strange static noise that come out of my speakers when I open the door, and a backup camera that likes to stay on when the truck is in Drive.  These three things are intermittent but have been going on for the last 4 years.  The joys of buying an early build of a brand new design truck!  I have an 18 base model as my take home company truck and it has none of these issues.

Edited by tnchevy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, tnchevy said:

My 14 does the same thing.  I have weird beeps, a strange static noise that come out of my speakers when I open the door, and a backup camera that likes to stay on when the truck is in Drive.  These three things are intermittent but have been going on for the last 4 years.  The joys of buying an early build of a brand new design truck!  I have an 18 base model as my take home company truck and it has none of these issues.

so mine is a 16...i would have hoped they could have worked the majority of these bugs out by then...I have been a loyal chevy guy for years...and only time will tell, but this is my nicest truck i have had, but it is also the truck i have the least amount of confidence in going long term...i feel the electronics could crap out at any time...  hope not though...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2018 at 8:20 AM, spenpet said:

Good morning...as I started my truck this morning all seemed to be fine...and then I started getting an alert tone of some kind...it almost sounded like the seat belt tone (but nothing flashing on the dash info center).  So I unclicked and clicked my seat belt...still the tone would beep every couple seconds...I thought this was going to be a long drive to work...but by the time I got out of my neighborhood, it stopped beeping...

 

This isn't the first time this has happened...but didn't think much of it last time...did a search on the forum, and I couldn't really find much...any help is appreciated.

Hi, Pete. I hope you are enjoying your Silverado Midnight Edition. Have you addressed this beeping noise with your servicing GM dealership? I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon with an update. 

 

Anthony J.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/25/2018 at 8:39 AM, tnchevy said:

My 14 does the same thing.  I have weird beeps, a strange static noise that come out of my speakers when I open the door, and a backup camera that likes to stay on when the truck is in Drive.  These three things are intermittent but have been going on for the last 4 years.  The joys of buying an early build of a brand new design truck!  I have an 18 base model as my take home company truck and it has none of these issues.

It's not just early-build trucks, my 2015.5 does the same thing (mainly the static from the speakers).  I've had it to the dealer a bunch of times but since it's random they can't duplicate it.  I have been living with it for 2 years now and hope it doesn't get worse!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 14 has tons of pops, cracks, rattles, etc that have been there within a year of when I bought my 14.  Some I have remedied on my own, some the dealer fixed under warranty, others I just live with.  My 18 work truck that I have had for 6 months now has now creeking and popping sounds yet, again I will never buy a first year model of anything again.  It didn't help that my 14 is just not a new year model but that is was made in the first month of production!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2018 at 9:13 AM, GMCustomerService said:

Hi, Pete. I hope you are enjoying your Silverado Midnight Edition. Have you addressed this beeping noise with your servicing GM dealership? I'm looking forward to hearing from you soon with an update. 

 

Anthony J.

 

Every time I have taken my vehicles in to a dealership and the 'check something' light wasn't one, they would say they couldn't repeat the issue...so I am not going to take it in just for the random beeps...However, I do have my check engine light on, which I believe is a bad injector due to the code and other items I've addressed...so I will ask and see what they say about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine just did the random beep with no indicator this weekend. Sounded just like the seat belt warning. Hadn’t even touched the brake to shift out of park yet and it was beeping at me.


2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Centex14 said:

Mine just did the random beep with no indicator this weekend. Sounded just like the seat belt warning. Hadn’t even touched the brake to shift out of park yet and it was beeping at me.


2014 z71 LTZ
Volant Intake
Borla Exhaust
Diablo
Bilstein 5100
Rough Country Level

yep...that's it...except when it happens to me, I am wearing my seat belt...I will unbuckle and then buckle it back , but that doesn't seem to help...good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My does it randomly too. One time I buckled the passenger seat belt (no one but me in the truck) and it stopped. The next time, same situation, it didn't work.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2015 just started doing this a week ago.  I do have a lot of weight on my passenger seat which may be triggering something but I thought that usually displays the seatbelt icon for that issue.   Strange though, no dash lights when it chimes,   Just randomly happening while driving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look up at the overhead display when that happens, see if it's telling you the passenger isn't buckled.  My wife's 2016 CTS freaks out if I plug my phone in to charge in her car and lay it in the passenger seat, it somehow detects it and sets off the alarm.  As soon as I pick it up it quits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My 17 has the phantom chime too. 

 

GM can’t even get the chime volume to work right, why would they not have phantom chimes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

my 2014 the chime starts when i open the door as if the key was in the ignition but it is in my hand i put the key in and it stops and some mornings i go out to the truck and the chime is going off and the truck is still locked

Edited by silveradosid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.