BORLA Exhaust for the 2019+ Silverado/Sierra 1500

6 hours ago, Robwcormack said:

Ok that's great but what's going on with the secondary resonator on the s-type and whatever that is on the atak?  Almost looks like they keep one of the flappers or something.

Also, I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly that the exhaust is 3.5" in (same as stock) and 2.75" SINGLE out (smaller than stock).  Wouldn't that be counterproductive?

When will sound clips be posted?

Thanks

Hello! Our systems are 3.5" in and out of the muffler. It then splits into dual 2.75". Our systems do not have the flapper valve. 

Here is a preview video of our S-Type system on the 6.2L. We do plan to have an official video with all three of our sound levels! 

I have ordered an AT4 that will be built in July with the performance upgrade package. Will it have a Borla exhaust or a GM? I wasn’t given any options for which model of Borla it would be. I test drove one with that package and it was fairly quiet except when getting on it a little. 

24 minutes ago, Docman said:

I have ordered an AT4 that will be built in July with the performance upgrade package. Will it have a Borla exhaust or a GM? I wasn’t given any options for which model of Borla it would be. I test drove one with that package and it was fairly quiet except when getting on it a little. 

It's the GM branded Borla Touring. They are slightly different but both made by Borla. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2019 at 2:27 PM, ian@borla said:

Hello! Our systems are 3.5" in and out of the muffler. It then splits into dual 2.75". Our systems do not have the flapper valve. 

Here is a preview video of our S-Type system on the 6.2L. We do plan to have an official video with all three of our sound levels! 

Hello Ian,  I had a S type cat back on my 2016 and really liked it.  I assume this is a similar sound with no drone?

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished helping my neighbor install the ATAK on his 2019 Silverado. We took our time and were done in just 1hr 15 minutes using a 2 post lift. Fit was great and sounds healthy on his 6.2 without being obnoxious. Nice!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 10:50 AM, Motorhead-59 said:

I just finished helping my neighbor install the ATAK on his 2019 Silverado. We took our time and were done in just 1hr 15 minutes using a 2 post lift. Fit was great and sounds healthy on his 6.2 without being obnoxious. Nice!

drone in 9th/10th gear?

I have type-s in my 2017 SRT Jeep

Only drown was when it went from 8 to 4cyl...

Otherwise sounded great

Borla has recently made an effort to streamline their exhaust outputs via touring,types,atak

Huge market for this system, I doubt they would mess it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the type-s on my 6.2 last night

No drone but significantly louder than any other type-s I’ve owned... not real pleased with borla..

If your going to market your entire line-up on their 3 levels of sound output that they use across most

Of their exhaust, might be smart to keep some level of consistency..,

15 hours ago, PabloK said:

Installed the type-s on my 6.2 last night

No drone but significantly louder than any other type-s I’ve owned... not real pleased with borla..

If your going to market your entire line-up on their 3 levels of sound output that they use across most

Of their exhaust, might be smart to keep some level of consistency..,

Seems almost impossible to make a certain exhaust have the same consistency over every platform. 

Seems almost impossible to make a certain exhaust have the same consistency over every platform. 

Agree 100%

Just seems like they market it like it is

1 hour ago, PabloK said:

Agree 100%

Just seems like they market it like it is

Yeah I get where you're coming from. I am personally happy to hear that the s type is louder than expected because of the lack of an atak option for the 5.3. I am hoping the s type will be loud enough for me.