When will we see 2019 discounts?

I currently lease a 2017 sierra denali with about a year and 3 months left.

I've had the truck in the dealership about 10 to 12 times now for different issues.

4 times for water leaks. 2 being sunroof and 2 for XM antenna

Multiple times for vibrations

Check engine light 3 times. They replaced a fuel injector once, reprogrammed the ecm once and then replaced all the injectors the last time

The dealership has been awesome about fixing it and giving me a loaner each time.

But I'm just over this truck.

Doesn't qualify for lemon law here in NY so I'm ready to trade it in and take a hit. 36k warranty will be up soon and indent want to risk paying for repairs on a lease. I have 45k miles in my lease so I'm not worried about going over.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Ianwelch001 said:

I've had the truck in the dealership about 10 to 12 times now for different issues.

Check engine light 3 times. They replaced a fuel injector once, reprogrammed the ecm once and then replaced all the injectors the last time

The dealership has been awesome about fixing it and giving me a loaner each time.

Doesn't qualify for lemon law here in NY so I'm ready to trade it in and take a hit. 36k warranty will be up soon and indent want to risk paying for repairs on a lease. I have 45k miles in my lease so I'm not worried about going over.

I think you can already get 5-7k off for 19s now. Good luck. I feel your pain for the issues.  I just find it funny how some guys on here swear dodge and ford have more issues. Every truck has problems. Gm certsinly ain’t perfect. My 14 was a lemon. Got all my money back. My 16 is a little better but still has issues. Steering wheel clicking , seat moves , moldy ac scent after 3 dealer visits , leaf springs popping , starter went out, sunroom leaks, 3rd brake light leaks . Life as a gm guy ?so happy  I leased this pos. 

Edited by f8l vnm

Well I think you are on the right track to get rid of the truck, but please, don't ever lease a truck or vehicle again.. they present it as saving you money but you are not saving a dime and wasting it.  Leasing is a terrible idea. 

31 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Well I think you are on the right track to get rid of the truck, but please, don't ever lease a truck or vehicle again.. they present it as saving you money but you are not saving a dime and wasting it.  Leasing is a terrible idea. 

Yeah but when you lease it and it has problems, you just give it back and it’s not your issue anymore. It’s better than buying it flat out to be stuck with something that can be potential headaches 

1 hour ago, Colossus said:

blah blah blah really?

• Like 2

I got my '19 for 8K off MSRP. 

Way better than any price listed on True Car.

Stick to high volume dealers. They are more concerned with the amount of cars they sell as opposed to trying to make the most per car.  Don't get me wrong, you still have to watch them like a hawk, but they're more willing to discount than a small dealership.

On 10/27/2018 at 3:33 PM, fish_guru said:

I got my '19 for 8K off MSRP. 

Way better than any price listed on True Car.

Stick to high volume dealers. They are more concerned with the amount of cars they sell as opposed to trying to make the most per car.  Don't get me wrong, you still have to watch them like a hawk, but they're more willing to discount than a small dealership.

On this note, who are the high volume Chevy dealers in the east?  I know Laura GMC is for GMC but I am not sure of the equivalent for Chevy. I'm in the NC/SC area.

18 minutes ago, cltsig said:

On this note, who are the high volume Chevy dealers in the east?  I know Laura GMC is for GMC but I am not sure of the equivalent for Chevy. I'm in the NC/SC area.

Not 100% on this but Hendrick might be one since he is huge in the Carolina's.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:21 AM, Ianwelch001 said:

Seems like way too many issues, was that a 6.2? As for 19s - seeing 8K off top models here in DFW. Gotta wait to see what issues arise and get addressed by factory. 2021 seems like a good year to get in, IMHO...

On 10/27/2018 at 1:31 PM, Colossus said:

Not always.  It is just math.  If you lease a nicely appointed RAM leasing is actually better if I figure in the miles driven.  

• Like 1

On 10/30/2018 at 12:27 PM, Texas Daddy said:

Seems like way too many issues, was that a 6.2? As for 19s - seeing 8K off top models here in DFW. Gotta wait to see what issues arise and get addressed by factory. 2021 seems like a good year to get in, IMHO...

Just curious what DFW dealerships you’re finding them at 8 K off. Most I’ve found are 5K or less, at least on the AT4’s. 

Just curious what DFW dealerships you’re finding them at 8 K off. Most I’ve found are 5K or less, at least on the AT4’s. 
GMC may not be dropping as much - I was looking at high country silvys at 8k. Only see one now 8k at vandergrif. I see a GMC at Hiley for 6k off...

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk