Aftermarket Pioneer Head Unit in a 2014

I have a 2014 Z71 LTZ Crew with Bose and Factory Nav. I have been watching the thread in

2014 mods and have read where you can upgrade the HMI and Radio module to get Android Auto

to work. This can get expensive fast.

I think I want to go aftermarket with a Non Nav Pioneer head unit and the associated

aftermarket interface.

To my knowlege, there is PAC, Maestro and Axxess to chose from as far as interface goes.

Which interface has been working best for you guys and gals?

I want Android Auto, I want to keep my factory backup camera, and as many of the steering

wheel controls as possible. I want to be able to mirror my phone to the dash and have the

touch screen of the dash unit work the phone so I can use Google Maps and Waze.

I am not in need of a CD or DVD player.

Do any of you have any favorites in the Pioneer line?

Also which interface seems to be the best way to go?

• 3 weeks later...

Best bet is to get the apline restyle headunit   being youd retain everything. Iwould personally just upgrade to android auto and use stock stuff. I did   i bought all the partsi needed off ebay and had mvi do the programming. I even added nav. Ithink i spent a total or 800 bucks

Best bet is to get the apline restyle headunit   being youd retain everything. Iwould personally just upgrade to android auto and use stock stuff. I did   i bought all the partsi needed off ebay and had mvi do the programming. I even added nav. Ithink i spent a total or 800 bucks
Do you know if they have the ability to add audio rca outputs to the factory setup?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Do you know if they have the ability to add audio rca outputs to the factory setup?

Almost posative they have rca outputs.  I know @Marv88 has the 10" version

Almost posative they have rca outputs.  I know [mention=164287]Marv88[/mention] has the 10" version
There's a 10 inch factory version? What size factory screen do I need for nav and Android auto? I'd like to be able to mirror the phone as well. Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

There's a 10 inch factory version? What size factory screen do I need for nav and Android auto? I'd like to be able to mirror the phone as well. Thanks.

I have no idea what youre asking. For the apline screen or oem screen?

9 minutes ago, Snowcamo said:

Oem

I think you can get nav on thr 4" screen. Ihave the 8 and i added nav.  Im also adding a mosconi dsp for my audio

i have installed a hand full of the Idatalink Maestro, i like it. everything in one unit no bulky harness or add on modules to try and tuck into dash. only issue was with a toyota, instructions said it took care of E brake, it didn't had to connect direct to E brake. If i was gonna upgrade to aftermarket i would go with the Idatalink Maestro. but at the same time depends on how many features you new radio can do. the Maestro would not be coast effective if getting a entry level radio.