I think I bought Granddad's truck

Bill336

Hello, yet another FNG here. I've bought a 2001 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT, 149k miles. From the CarFax I'm guessing it was Granddad's truck and maybe got to me via a grandkid. For me it's my first pickup. My son calls it my "Old Guy Old Truck".

For it's age and miles, I think it's in pretty good condition. Runs great. No leaking but it does have a seep or two. Some cosmetic issues (scratches, drivers seat) but no rust. I've got a list of things to do starting with a radiator flush, oil change and transmission service. Needs the parking brake adjusted or the shoes replaced. Deal with the scratches. It has a bed cover and a drop-in liner. The bed cover has to go. I'll replace the liner with a Line-X. It needs a decent stereo, but the stock one will do for now. New headlights on order with LED "bulbs". I need to install my ham rig.

Just what I need, a new hobby. :D

Hey Bill, Welcome to the forum, from a fellow GMT-800 owner and a fellow ham operator. I drilled holes in my roof for the antennas, but if and when ever replace this pickup I will probably acquire some sort of back rack and install the antennas on that.