2000 Silverado - noise [video]

2000 Silverado - 5.3 (stock)

I have a low speed whining noise coming from underneath. I jacked up the truck today and spun each tire, it's coming from the back tires only.

When I spin either back tire the noise sounds like it's coming from the transmission or transfer case area. I thought it was the brakes when I first started hearing it. But once I jacked it up...it appears brakes are not making the noise. Noise goes away after 25mph or so....

Any ideas? See video below.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

just an update -  for fun I sprayed some PB blaster on the u joints and the slip yoke. The noise has stopped. I'm thinking the noise was coming from  the front of the driveline... so the issue has to be the slip yoke making that screeching sound. 

Make sense once I think about it more because I had the slip yoke replaced not long ago with a new one to reduce the drive link "clunk" these trucks are famous for.  It did help the clunk.. but it seems this noise may have started not long after that.