The most honest and perfect review I have read yet on the 2019s

I wouldn't call the '19 Chevy ugly. I like the design but the GMC is more appealing IMO.

The interior...well, I think it looks more organized. That's the way I like it. The shifter is where it belongs in a truck and all buttons and gauges are easy to find and to operate. At least from what I can see in the pictures. Have to sit in a new generation yet.

I don't need a TV on my dashboard. Usually I am looking out of the front window when I'm driving.

Could GM offer more in a truck for the price they're asking for? Maybe. I don't know.

My hope is that all the money they've saved on a fancy interior went towards reliability and longevity.

I just turned 153.000km (roughly 95.000mls) with my '13 Silverado. Trouble free so far. 100.000 more to go to meet my expectations of the minimum distance a modern vehicle should master before any trouble arises.

I don't think that the author of the article is biased. I think that he's "millenialed".

so long

j-ten-ner

• Thanks 1

GM dropped the ball IMO as well. I at least found the review comical, but slightly biased.

I have owned 17 Silverado/Sierra's and 7 Tahoe/Yukons, and only 1 Dodge(traded a guy a Yamaha Rhino for a 97 2500 Cmins); but I will look hard at others before buying one of these trucks.

The interiors and exteriors as well as engine/trans configurations are just bad. I don't like Ford or Ram, but that doesn't mean that I have to like the current GM. Mary Barra should fire the entire development team and also likely herself for allowing this thing to make it to market.

Sent via Morse code

• Like 2

Article seems pretty on point to me. That front fender design is horrible and for an “all new” truck the interior is boring, definitely a step back from 14-18

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

• Like 2

I still have plans to buy a GM truck but Im not going to lie about the fact that its underwhelming. Its a hard call to pull the trigger on a 19 when there is very little improvement over the 18 and you get to soak up massive depreciation.There isnt much driving the purchase of a 19 outside of simply wanting the latest and greatest. It appears GM spent all of their money on towing technology, skip-fire, 4 cylinder and the Duramax engine when focusing their investments. I havent seen sufficient improvements for any of these areas to drive enough innovation to inspire a purchase. 

If I could get a guaranteed "shake proof" K2 and the AT4 didnt exist, I would just buy an 18. The Trailboss and the AT4 are really the only models that are different and drive interest in my opinion. 

GM always says they listen to their customers when building their vehicles. They need to stop or get another focus group. Their design language has been questionable and is almost as polarizing as the Lexus predator face. They seem to think poor visibility is acceptable in cars like the Camaro when literally every magazine blast them for it...Yet they continue to have awful visibility and the cars are sitting on the lot. They seem to focus on many of the wrong things when designing their trucks...I just dont understand who they are listening to.

Edited by Chris walker
  • Like 3

Oh dear.

At least he recognized the fairly responsive gm steering - which is important to me, more so than other things. I agree the GM front seats could use some help. 

As for the 10-speed, Ford didn't put it in all of their trucks the first year.  

I'm not much of a design guy, I look more for how integrated everything is inside and out, and what it's going to do for me.  For example, he didn't mention driving it at night (16-18 gmc sierra headlights are much better than the average truck).  

2 minutes ago, Largely Unknown said:

Oh dear.

At least he recognized the fairly responsive gm steering - which is important to me, more so than other things. I agree the GM front seats could use some help. 

As for the 10-speed, Ford didn't put it in all of their trucks the first year.  

I'm not much of a design guy, I look more for how integrated everything is inside and out, and what it's going to do for me.  For example, he didn't mention driving it at night (16-18 gmc sierra headlights are much better than the average truck).  

At least now you  cAn get the 10 speed with all their motors except for the work truck 3.3. I hate this bs games gm plays with engines/trans hierarchy. The 5.3 would really benefit from this 10 speed and why not the the 4 banger ? Boggles my mind. 

Totally agree with the thoughts on the interior, it is basically the same as my 2014 except for it being cheapened up. Areas like the gauge cluster and dash trim have all been dumbed down so to speak and small touches like the chrome trim rings around the all the gauges in the cluster in my 14 are now gone and only the speedo and rpm tach now have them which gives the cluster a cheap look, like the Colorado version "cheap"! To take a step back when all other makes are putting their two best feet forward is not a smart move strategy wise for GM.

It's the it's good enough for us attitude that got them into trouble and needing a bailout from people like me and you, and to see them resorting back to this attitude is concerning to me!

The 2013 to 2014 leap was huge in the interior department and to see the 2018-2019 going the other way and taking a few steps back is enough to make a person look elsewhere.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BIGDOGx said:

Totally agree with the thoughts on the interior, it is basically the same as my 2014 except for it being cheapened up. Areas like the gauge cluster and dash trim have all been dumbed down so to speak and small touches like the chrome trim rings around the all the gauges in the cluster in my 14 are now gone and only the speedo and rpm tach now have them which gives the cluster a cheap look, like the Colorado version "cheap"! To take a step back when all other makes are putting their two best feet forward is not a smart move strategy wise for GM.

It's the it's good enough for us attitude that got them into trouble and needing a bailout from people like me and you, and to see them resorting back to this attitude is concerning to me!

The 2013 to 2014 leap was huge in the interior department and to see the 2018-2019 going the other way and taking a few steps back is enough to make a person look elsewhere.

Interior may look cheaper, but The Prices are Certainly Not getting any cheaper...…  

• Like 3