The most honest and perfect review I have read yet on the 2019s

10 minutes ago, SAMS819 said:

Well I guess if I had just bought  an 18 I would probably defend my decision to do so. Fortunately I waited for the 19, and am glad I did.  Could of bought an 18 for 12,000 less but they looked like a 4 year old truck.  Same old same old. :loser:

LOL.  You keep telling yourself that.  I'm glad you like yours.   I had a 15 and an 18 and will get something else in 21, if the GMs look like this and GM keeps pushing trim levels like they do, I will have no problem looking into a Raptor.  Yes I will take a stripped down Raptor with the bad ass turbo 6. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Big E in TX said:

Silver Sled, first of all you started off a sentence with OMG, and I am pretty sure you are not a 16 year old girl... By calling the 2019 gay, are you over compensating for something?

By the way... My 2019 told me just now he would appreciate if you did not call him gay, he really prefers to be called "Metro" OK?

OMG, LOL, my secret is out.

1 hour ago, Donstar said:

I believe the reference was referring to a look perceived by some.  It would be interesting to see if the actual value and or production costs are less. I would use the term richer when describing the new interiors.   I doubt costs per truck has gone down for GM.  But, I'm your average consumer so I must be an idiot....

My point is that people tend to buy marketing rather than reality. They don't notice that products are diminishing in size and/or quality per unit while the price rises. Bang for the buck if you will.

On 10/28/2018 at 8:57 AM, Big E in TX said:

You are referring to a 2014. We all know that the 2008-2018 GM trucks were all known for the infamous Chevy Shake, it’s gone now!

Nope.  2014-2018s were known for the infamous Chevy Shake.  2007-2013s, especially the 2007-2010s, were known for the infamous AFM oil usage problem.  Hopefully the Chevy Shake is gone now.  But they never did fix the 8 speeds, or the driveshaft clunk, or many other problems, for that matter.  And the new DoD/AFM/whatever-they're-calling-it-this-week is way too complex.  The GM dealers can't fix the relatively 'simple' systems from the last few years.  I want all of my 8 cylinders on the job, not just 2-3 cylinders working with the others on welfare.  As we've seen too often in the past from the General; rushed-to-market engineering, built with indifferent tolerances, with parts from the lowest bidder=Buyer Beware and Good Luck!

Edited by MaverickZ71
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, west1nm said:

4)      Packaging – this is what really upsets me. I get that you can’t build a truck a la carte, but come on….. Everything is an attempt for GM to push everyone into the higher trim models. Ideal market strategy I know, but with how extreme some of the “nit-picking” is, it makes us wonder if you think your buyers are dumb. Ford and FCA offer A LOT more flexibility.

^^^ this x2

so long

j-ten-ner

Coming off a 2013, our new 2019 is light years better. I love what they did to the truck. Never had any real issues with the 13, so never found a need to search out forums, so I'm a newbie here. I do have to make an observation though - the discussion whenever a new model comes out is not unique to GM. You should read through the Land Rover forums I'm on when the new Discovery came out to replace the LR4's. We're not talking a simple facelift with some fresh electronics, but a complete redesign. Body on frame to a unibody. It would put the complaints here about a redesign to shame. Then there are the guys on a Defender forum are bitching and moaning about the new Defender despite no one actually seeing one yet. So it's kinda comical to read the forums whenever there is a redesign of a vehicle. 

Edited by GeneJock
  • Like 3

I’ve always been a GM guy.  I worked at Saginaw Steering Gear making power steering pumps the summer of 73.    My mother worked in the office at Steering Gear during WWII. My family hasn’t owned GM products exclusively, but more GM vehicles than any other by far.

I just traded my owned from new 03 Sierra in on a new 2018 Denali. I didn’t even consider looking at other brands. You know, friends don’t let friends drive Fords.  Chrysler products are unreliable, and the Japs make pretend trucks.

Such was my absolute bias.   I love my new 2018 6.2L 2WD Denali.  The 8 speed is smooth with super quick gear changes.  The ride with magnetic shocks is limo like, and I don’t have any idea what the Chevy shake/vibration is.   (Hope I never find out.)

Nonetheless, after reading quite a few reviews, I perhaps shouldn’t have been so closed minded.  The motoring media has pretty much universally crowned the 2019 Ram king of the heap. It does seem one gets less for more with the current line of GM trucks, considering substandard interior materials quality and fewer tech features offered by GM.

And the 2019 GM full size roll out seems to be really slow.  Browsing GMC’s website this morning looking at 2019 Denali’s, there are no 2019 Denali Ultimates listed and all the Denali’s in the Atlanta area appear to be 2WD. Surprising, or the GM website isn’t working right.

Curious to me, I still haven’t seen a 2019 GM full size truck on the road.

Edited by JohnEaton54

I am surprised I also have not seen a 2019 Chevy or GMC on the road yet.  The GMC and Chevy dealers I pass everyday has had the same 2019s lined up in front and they keep getting more but I swear the same ones are all still lined up in the same order.  I don't think they have sold any yet.   The GMC dealer has had the same 4 Sierras over a month now also.   

Aside from a weight-loss, new body lines and taking steel and weight away from the chassis of the vehicle (but don't worry its now stiffer!), not much has changed. Not enough to make me want to overpay by 20% just to own one. I paid too much for my 2015, and with them giving massive rebates on the K2's (which look a lot nicer imo), you would have to be one of those tech-curve guys that waits in line overnight for a new iPhone or video game to pay the prices they are asking.

As far as inflation goes, industry average is 3-7%, not the 20%+ GM tacks onto the msrp every time a new truck rolls out. 

I paid 37k CAD after incentives for my 2010 All Terrain SLT, my K2 was 58k CAD after incentives for the exact same spec with the addition of the 6.2L and slider window. Now they want 81k CAD for the same spec. There is inflation, then there is what GM is doing. Vehicle prices should not increase by 105% in 8 years, this far surpases inflation and any normal humans wage raise expectations. But hey, if people are dumb enough to sign the papers, why not charge as much as you can right? There is a reason GM sold less this year and still made more money. It is their method of pricing and putting all options in top spec trucks forcing customers into vehicles with more bells and whistles than they truly need. Personally, without massive incentives I will have to downgrade trim levels to easily afford one, which will be hard having driven loaded trucks all my adult life. 

• Like 2

I've been a 1500 Sierra driver daily for 28 years, and i've owned at least one of each generation during this time.  With each new generation pick up I've purchased, i was impressed with the advancment over the previous generation.  That was until last month when i took a '19 Denali for a spin, what a let down.  I was hard pressed to find anything that I'd consider an improvement or impressive.  The exterior styling of the '19 GMC is pretty good, but the interior look and the feel of the controls (CHEAP!) is a step backwards in my opinion.  Ride quality, handling not improved and i feel there is more road noise in the '19 compared to my '14.   A swing and a miss from my point of view.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTaco said:

I've been a 1500 Sierra driver daily for 28 years, and i've owned at least one of each generation during this time.  With each new generation pick up I've purchased, i was impressed with the advancment over the previous generation.  That was until last month when i took a '19 Denali for a spin, what a let down.  I was hard pressed to find anything that I'd consider an improvement or impressive.  The exterior styling of the '19 GMC is pretty good, but the interior look and the feel of the controls (CHEAP!) is a step backwards in my opinion.  Ride quality, handling not improved and i feel there is more road noise in the '19 compared to my '14.   A swing and a miss from my point of view.

Watch out Taco, it seems a few people here can't stand the idea of others having a different opinion to theirs. I agree though, the interior is a step back without question and to me that is something that matters.

• Like 2